Author Topic: New Strikemaster Power Auger with Solo Engine - Recoil Difficulties  (Read 4791 times)

Offline blackhawks

• Team IceShanty Regular
I fished in the NAIFC National Championship just prior to Christmas and some of the guys were having problems with the new Strikemaster power augers (Solo engines).  Specifically, the recoil was sticking, thus they were unable to start the engines.

The following is an excerpt from the NAIFC Tournament Director who was in direct contact with Strikemaster regarding this issue:  The Solo has been found to have difficulty with the recoil. Mike K at Strike Master informed me that spraying wd-40 with a nozzle all around the top of the white recoil will loosen the dense grease and alleviate the friction. Some of the anglers just didn't get the message.   

Hope this information helps you and others.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
If ya go to the equipment section, Skipper posted a link for a video about how to take care of the problem. :woot:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
I fished the same tourney with zero Solo auger problems.

Watch this video if you have the new auger. http://www.strikemaster.com/video_new/solo_start.html

dc

Offline JFergus7

• IceShanty Rookie
That video just shows you how to start the motors that does not address the recoil problem that the Solo's have been having.  And not all of them have been having problems just some.  But it is an easy fix if you have one with the problem.  

This video will show you how to easily fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaOE8C4nr8

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Another quality Chinese product. Too bad nothing is made in this country any more. :'(

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
Another quality Chinese product. Too bad nothing is made in this country any more. :'(
Chinese? I thought it was German, der Solo! Sehr gut? Nuttin made in this country cuz Obama would rather extend unemployment benefits forever, than create jobs and therby upset the Chinese and others we have trade agreements with.
 The majority of Americans wanna work , not get handouts that run the country further into debt. Enuff said there<---

Solo is probably a good engine, germans make good small engines. Just a lil hitch in the road and looks like an easy fix.

Offline JFergus7

• IceShanty Rookie
It is made in Germany not China.

Offline Capt.Dana

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Haverhill, MA.

Solo is a German company that has been in business since 1948 http://solousa.com/history/index.htm

I got a Strikemaster 10.25" over the weekend and I love it!
I pratice fillet and release!

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Engineered in Germany, its assembled in China and the parts are probably made there too.

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
 like Mercury outboards....

Engineered in Germany, its assembled in China and the parts are probably made there too.
Bruster

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
I had the same issues with my recoil. Watched the video and did what he said, but that still didn't work ended up taking the spring out (not fun) and gave it a bath in the WD40. Could start my solo, but the rope still doesnt go all the way back in. Still love the auger!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
like Mercury outboards....

Wow, you mean all Mercury outboards are made in China????
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.