Author Topic: Folding Ice Sled (Dogsled/Snowmobile Sled)???  (Read 18002 times)

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
Folding Ice Sled (Dogsled/Snowmobile Sled)???
« on: Dec 24, 2009, 08:58 AM »
I am thinking about getting one of those slick folding sleds.  I don't really know what is a good price for one of these.

Are there any good places to look for one?

How much should I be looking for a decent price on one.

Thanks

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: Folding Ice Sled (Dogsled/Snowmobile Sled)???
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Your link did not work but you have me interested before I start on my next project which is getting skis and starting from there.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline boomdoggie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I have a fold up sled and like it a lot . I welded a hitch at the back of it so i can tow the Otter, kinda like a train heading out on the ice. I paid $125 for mine and thoght that was about right. There is a little platform at the rear for somebody to stand, When there is 2 or 3 of us going out it is full of gear let me tell ya

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Where can I get my hands on something like this what part of the country are you guys in I have a ATC three wheeler and that set up looks like the lightest rig for me to pull.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline firemedic07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Is this it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snowmobile-Utility-Cargo-Ice-Fishing-Tote-Sled_W0QQitemZ290381839317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c1b3bd5
Looks really nice but pretty $$$$$ !! If you do a search there have been some recent threads of homemade sleds (with pics) that could be made for a fraction of the cost. 

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Is this it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snowmobile-Utility-Cargo-Ice-Fishing-Tote-Sled_W0QQitemZ290381839317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobile_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c1b3bd5
Looks really nice but pretty $$$$$ !! If you do a search there have been some recent threads of homemade sleds (with pics) that could be made for a fraction of the cost. 

That is the closest I could find like the one I am looking at.

Don't really want to post a link to the one I am interested in.  Worried someone close to it may snipe it on me.  The one I am looking at is $250 and looks alot nicer but is used but in great condition, no shipping cause I am close enough to pick it up.

He says firm on price.  I would probably pay $200 but not sure on $250, but didnt know what kind of prices these sleds command.

Thanks

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:04 PM »
this one is so simple just goggle dog sleds, see what comes up and go from their.

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2009, 02:02 PM »
You mean like this???  I stole mine.....well not really but I felt like it, guy needed money and I was in the right place at the right time.........  I had been looking at them but didn't want to pay $250 or so for one...........Sides fold down, place for someone to stand on back, works excellent......had an extra hitch so I mounted on the back of the sled and now I just hook the Frabill up and load the sled and away we go.......lol.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:02 PM »
We've used one for the past 5 years or so. I really like it. We load it up with gear, tow 2 portables behind it, put 2 up on the 4 wheeler and a third guy standing on the sled and are good to go. I can't believe how much they've increased in price. We bought ours from Cabelas and it was around $150.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Yep they're not cheap anymore "but" they are well worth it......so many different options you can do with one.......

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and bought the one I was looking at.  I probably paid too much, but who cares, it's for icefishing, right!

Here's some pics

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2009, 04:22 PM »
your sled looks nice.  the one i use is similar- the only problem i have is the rail piece the rider on the  sled holds on to will not fold back under pressure but will fold forward and can cause a wipe out for the rider. had to do a little mod to cure that.

The previous owner explained that most folding sleds had that problem.  This sled has a drilled hole where a cotter pin goes so once unfolded it cannot fold until the pin is pulled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.