Author Topic: VX-1 Soft Pack Issues!!  (Read 4302 times)

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
VX-1 Soft Pack Issues!!
« on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:41 PM »
I just received my Marcum VX1 Pro in the mail today, and with it was the soft pack.

i tried to put it in there, but it will not fit.  the handle grip is too high.

anybody else having issues with it???

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Re: VX-1 Soft Pack Issues!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I just received my Marcum VX1 Pro in the mail today, and with it was the soft pack.

i tried to put it in there, but it will not fit.  the handle grip is too high.

anybody else having issues with it???
It's a snugfitting cover.I had to fight with mine last year to get it on properly.

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:40 PM »
I feel like it's going to break on me, i'll warm up the soft pack and triy it tomorrow.

and what side is the "screen" side.

???

Offline Scott Steil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Tuck the handle in first and then push the base in.  It will fit if you do it that way.  Doesn't work so well if you put the base in first.

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:27 PM »
alright!

i'm back from work.  All I was thinking about is the next 4 days of solid fishing!!  and trying out the Marcum.  I switched over from Vexilar this year.

i'll report back after i try to put it in!

thanks all

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Sh!t!!!

it tore!!! da-mn  it!

now i have to call up Marcum and explain to them that the soft pack doesn't fit the VX1.

Now i have to pay for UPS fees again...i should've stayed with Vexilar....?  Nah!  lol

Offline IceFlagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trick'in & Kill'in
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Sh!t!!!

it tore!!! da-mn  it!

now i have to call up Marcum and explain to them that the soft pack doesn't fit the VX1.

Now i have to pay for UPS fees again...i should've stayed with Vexilar....?  Nah!  lol
Yeah you should have,lol.

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:45 PM »
the vx1 will out-compete and perform better then the fl8.

Hands Down!!

fl8 doesn't have 1000watts of power,  it doesn't have the bottom zoom.....  the fl8 is more expensive then the VX1....

thought i'd throw that out there....

Offline IceFlagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trick'in & Kill'in
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2009, 04:41 AM »
sounds like you just needed to upgrade your Vex. I was only busting chops, you can fish with head in a hole, it doesnt matter much to me. Just a friendly jab from a Vexer!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2009, 04:37 PM »
the zipper side is the front :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2009, 07:26 PM »
so i took the VX1 to the lake on xmas day for its first run.  and i didn't work.  i wasn't reading anything. no depth no nothing.

now i have to call up marcum to see what we need to do....grrr.....

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Make sure you turn your gain up past zero.  I know you don't have to do that with a vex,  because there gain is already set high on zero cuz the lack of power.  this is aslso why you don't need an s-cable to fish shallow water with a marcum.  True "zero" gain....
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:32 PM »
yeah i tried everything the day i took it out.

oh well, i guess i'll send it back to marcum....

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2009, 08:59 PM »
S-cable is for the VEXILAR because its gain is high.
I know you don't have to do that with a vex,  because there gain is already set high on zero cuz the lack of power.        precisely what i said
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:58 PM »
the zipper side is the front :tipup:
   My new soft pack for the VX-1 Pro has 2 zippers! I assumed that the MARCUM logo would face the front but the unit will not fit in the case this way.It is a very, very tight fit but once on works good.

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2010, 12:00 PM »
   My new soft pack for the VX-1 Pro has 2 zippers! I assumed that the MARCUM logo would face the front but the unit will not fit in the case this way.It is a very, very tight fit but once on works good.

yep it is very tight n the logo is on the back side with the battery i guess marcum wants us to show it off to all the other fisherman on the ice free advertisement i guess. took me about 15 min to get mine on after i figured it out. wish it had a handle sewn on top for easier carrying.my only problem with it.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2010, 05:54 PM »
yep it is very tight n the logo is on the back side with the battery i guess marcum wants us to show it off to all the other fisherman on the ice free advertisement i guess. took me about 15 min to get mine on after i figured it out. wish it had a handle sewn on top for easier carrying.my only problem with it.
  Thanks for the heads up. I tried to put it on the other way ( logo in front but no go!) I also wish they had a handle on it to carry. Havent used mine as of yet. I am sure I will be asking questions when I do.

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:22 PM »
yeah me too im thinking of havin sumone sew one on for me or i might jus do it with needle n thread jus send me a pm if u have questions

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 26, 2010, 07:26 PM »
 :) thanks I will!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #19 on: Feb 26, 2010, 07:53 PM »
I know you don't have to do that with a vex,  because there gain is already set high on zero cuz the lack of power.        precisely what i said

I guess the reason the gain on a Vex doesn't shut the reading off is that it has an off switch. Why would I want a gain that would shut my flasher off? All the gain does is adjust the sensitivity of the receiver, it doesn't turn the power up or down.  I don't need an S cable because I have a low power mode on my Vex.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Holysmit!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:34 PM »
I'm in need of a replacement soft pack for my Marcum Vx-1.  Anybody have one laying around they'd be willing to sell?  I can't seem to find one online anywhere and the only one I found (from Clam) is 55 bucks!

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Try a soft sided cooler

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2016, 06:24 PM »
I'm in need of a replacement soft pack for my Marcum Vx-1.  Anybody have one laying around they'd be willing to sell?  I can't seem to find one online anywhere and the only one I found (from Clam) is 55 bucks!
look up the trophy angler square bag for Marcum or vexilar square flashers.its a great soft pack and cheap around 20 bucks.glenns our sponsor has this on sale right now for 10 bucks plus shipping.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Try this, made by trophy angler. http://www.glensoutdoors.com/trophy-angler-ice-guide-square-bottom-flashers-soft-pack.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.