The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Set A Trap For Breast Cancer!  (Read 20512 times)

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Set A Trap For Breast Cancer!
« Reply #150 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:10 AM »
hope lots of pics are posted!

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #151 on: Jan 16, 2010, 03:28 PM »
hope lots of pics are posted!

14.4 pounds took it .       I think Tiny's son won the kids division .     Bigdaddy66  has a NICE NEW SHACK !!!!!        Congrats all !!!!

Offline fire on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:08 PM »
it was a good day on the ice, we all had a great time and it was a awsome turn out, to bad i blew up the sled  :o

Offline droopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:30 PM »
i had a great time as well and met some awesome guys. plus now no more hand auger yeahhhhhh!

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #154 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:45 PM »
Nice meeting ya Droopy! Congrads on the new auger. I think I heard you were planning on getting  some new "stuff"! ;D   And Yes! Danny won  with a very nice fish! Congrads to Danny! Great job! ;D
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:49 PM »
It's great when people win derby prizes that can use them! :clap:  Was sure wishing I wasn't working today while all you folks were playing...can't wait to see some pics! 8)  Congrats Maniac and cause!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #156 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:58 PM »
WOW! that was just about as fun a day as I've had on the Ice ! the company was great...the weather was great ...the fishing was great...the turnout smashed my expectations and did i mention the fishing was great?? EVERYBODY in our group of 20 or so caught a lot of fish...just about everybody caught an 8+ lber or more...Congratulations to Icemaniac on a job extremely well done ! smooth running show you put on jay and you should be extremeley proud!

Congratulations to my little buddy Danny on a great catch with his first place pike!!  what was that thing? close to 12 lbs  i think ... nice set of max traps and kick arse loring pack basket...he is all set up now !! Congrats Tiny...hes a fine boy and was very well behaved all day...thats a lot to ask from a boy his age and he shined through it all!

congrats BigDadde66 on his sweet new shack ... when do i get  to go fishing in it?

My sister Laurie who iss a breats cancer survivor had her icefishing debut today and she pounded them...watch the lewsiton sun journal for her pics!! way to go law !!!

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #157 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:46 PM »
I am beat !!!!  Good day for all. even though I got skunked !!! Didnt matter though had plenty of flags but when using 12 inch suckers that can happen. Didnt get a chance to make it to the awards ceremony we had a little episode with a trap flying out of the jetsled and the treble getting caught in the plastic and spooling the trap. Had to be one of the most funniest thing I have ever seen.

Jay excellent job.

I can say though on the ride back in just about when everyone was off the ice the where a lot of piles of pike all over the place. In one pile I counted 37 pike nothing over 5 lbs. I think it will be a couple years til the we some monsters again in sabbattus.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #158 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:49 PM »
It was a great time and lots of fish were caught (and mostly released) by all in our group.

I would like to thank Jay for all of his hard work putting on this event ~ it was top notch!

I would also like to share my admiration for those who participated in the event who have a personal connection for the cure.  I participated because I wanted to support the cure ~ others participated for far greater reasons and my thoughts and praise go out to you.

Finally I would like to congratulate the following again:
~BigDadde66 for one sweet and mega-lite shack  :clap:
~Droopy for a very deserving brand-spanking new Eskimo power auger  :flex:
~ and to Danny for being a trooper and showing us all how to catch big fish by taking first place in the kids division, but also beating or virtually tying each of the 20+ adults in our group best fish of the day (mine was 11.69, Danny's was 'just' shay of that) :bow:

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Man, I'm smoked!!!!! It was a long day, with lots of fish, and lots of friends.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #160 on: Jan 17, 2010, 04:56 AM »
Where do I begin...  ;D
First, WTG Jay and all his help for the job they did to support the American Cancer Societies "MAKING STRIDES Against Breast Cancer"!! Thanks to all the sponsors too, there were some awesome prizes! I can't wait to hear the total that was collected for the cause.
I already can't wait till next year's event!

Please don't forget next weeks Horne pond derby, another great cause!
http://www.icefishforkids.com/

I can't tell you how proud I am of my boy (Danny), I prolly asked a little more than I should have of my little 6 yr old man. I'm sure we will remember this day for the rest of our lives!
We arrived at the lake around noon Friday, waited for fishfry to get there, then waited for more chips to arrive. We made our trek to the north end (sry for the bumpy ride Mike), got to the spot we wanted to fish, set up camp, and drilled the holes for the big day. Danny slept in a sleeping bag, in the portable, with Princess going in and out.  ::)
This was one of the best days I've had fishing, ever! We supported a great cause, were surrounded by great people, and the fish were hungry, can't ask for much more then that. All I could hear in my sleep last night was "Tiny, FLAG!" hehe
I don't think I went more then 5 minutes without a flag from daylight till 11am. I let Danny take every flag he wanted, but I think he got overwhelmed at some point. "You can get this one Dad" was said a few times...lol
Thanks to all the crew for keeping my boy involved and going. Scotty ended up being Danny's "buddy". (I think it was cupcakes though...hehe)
Congrats to sinnian and Northern Princess (who bumped sinnian off) for making the leaderboard at one point during the day! I talked NP through her fight, and she did an amazing job landing that biggie! WTG girl!!
Danny and I ended up with 25 fish. 22 Pike and 3 Bass. Biggest I could muster was a little over 6 lbs. but Danny got the monster pike, 11.12 lbs., and the big Bass, 3.75 lbs. :)
Thanks to cdc, who I wished could have joined us, for the use of his Wheeler, could not have done this without it.
Met a few more TEAM MAINE members for the first time, and saw lots of others too.
Sry Scotty, but I'll be starting another thread  ::) as soon as I can get pics and video uploaded (Yes, we have Danny catching the big one on video, Thanks Walter!!)

The crew:
TinyTim with son Danny
Fishfry
Sinnian
Flatlandfisher
Northern Princess
Droopy
Billditrite with sister (Law), son Justin, and brother (??) sry.
Lefty (Left Handed Model)
fiddlehead322 (Rich)
Loualbano with friends (Jeff and ??) sry.
and Princess, can't forget her!
Don't think I forgot anyone, sry if I did.

Offline AdventureNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yoooo Hooooo,where's dat Butchie? LOL
« Reply #161 on: Jan 17, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Wasn't the aluminum shack thatw as won yesterday RED????????? The one I saw there was,not yellow and when will the winners names all be listed??
John & Wanda:-)

Offline bigdadde66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Jan 17, 2010, 03:04 PM »
the derby was awesome . jay you did one heck of a job. major props to you. didnt have much luck catching fish  , 1 pike about 20 " . but what a catch at the end im still somewhat shocked . and scotty or anyone else that would like to fish out of it is welcome anytime .

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Jan 17, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Congrats on the shack.

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #164 on: Jan 17, 2010, 03:18 PM »
What a great day fishing! Great cause!  Hats off to Danny! He sure got a nice set icefishing up. Met a few new people as well. Sure hope this is the beginning of a long standing tourney! Excellent work Jay!
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.