New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Buckeye Minnows (emerald shiners) could be readily available this winter...  (Read 2242 times)

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
There are two groups of bait dealers that have netted buckeye minnows (aka emerald shiners or icicles) from the bays and creeks of Oneida Lake and are having them tested for VHS in Maine as we speak. There were also many 4-6 inch buckeye minnows that were netted this fall from these groups. Could equate into some great bait for the 2010 winter ice fishing season. Stay tuned.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
There are two groups of bait dealers that have netted buckeye minnows (aka emerald shiners or icicles) from the bays and creeks of Oneida Lake and are having them tested for VHS in Maine as we speak. There were also many 4-6 inch buckeye minnows that were netted this fall from these groups. Could equate into some great bait for the 2010 winter ice fishing season. Stay tuned.
  Great news, how long ago did they send them out, I know last year it took like a month for the results to come back!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Snag.....test results should be back by next week for one bait distributor, and near the first of the year for the other bait distributor.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
Lets hope so.  Bait shop down by me says that they will have shiners by the first of the year. I believe he said that they are coming out of Wisconsin though. 

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
I believe A-1 Bait out of Niagara Falls is getting their certified buckeye minnows out of Wisconsin. Not sure if Big Catch Bait distibutor is or not.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
I believe A-1 Bait out of Niagara Falls is getting their certified buckeye minnows out of Wisconsin. Not sure if Big Catch Bait distibutor is or not.
 Last year they ran out in late February did'nt they Oneidawalleye, that's when the locally netted ones come into play!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
That is when Rick at Ap's Landing rock and rolled....

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great news I wish I could buy some creek chubs to. Is Rick at Ap's Landing open yet? Oneidawalleye when will he have them lures that the other guy from Iowa asked you about, Ht make them too, I think they are called Russian hooks

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rick will have the conesus (similar to the bohemian rocker) when there is ice, which is when he will likely open.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.