The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Anchor Bay, LSC  (Read 1878 times)

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
Anchor Bay, LSC
« on: Dec 12, 2009, 03:14 PM »
 :) Boy to my suprise, went by AB near Selfridge and there was ice as far as the eye could see. hopefully the wind does not blow it all to Fairhaven. With the temps we are getting in the 10 day forecast it looks good for fishing before X-mas.  :tipup:
<{{{}}

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
Re: Anchor Bay, LSC
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Lets hope for the best, A nice long weekend of jiggin' would do me good ;D

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Any word on the conditions? I haven't been by there lately, will be checking it out Friday.
Fish On!!!!

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Drove by yesterday, was in a hurry so didn't get to stop. The ice on the canals looked like a good start but you could tell it needed more thickness. There were still some potholes in the marsh along the dike that were open but it was frozen for the most part. Should be able to get on the dead end canals by tomorrow or Saturday. A more thorough report coming tomorrow after 4pm.
Fish On!!!!

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Was out on Anchor Bay all day Saturday(19th) and Sunday(20th). Water was mirror clear, about 5 inches of ice. Lots of activity but wasn't able to get on the jumbo's. Spotted 2 pike, one was a definite keeper (not sure how long, hard to gauge with the water) and the other was under. Brought in 15 keepers (9-11 in. perch), will be out again soon, hopefully with better results!
Fish On!!!!

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:52 AM »
where were you on anchor bay i went over to the raft sunday 20th and got into like maybe 20 big gills and a couple of dink perch i was fishing by the grassy island where were you at i want some decent perch thanks alot for all info.

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:34 AM »
If your heading out from The Raft I was to the right of the island and past it. There really werent that many even close to keeper size perch. Out of the 6 schools on Sunday I spotted maybe 10-15 that were keeper size.
Fish On!!!!

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I rather be Ice Fishing
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I was out there this pastweekend I didn't even get one bite.. behind the bait shop water was murcky couple of guys were there early AM... they didn't have much... I might go out again this weekend will see  :blink:

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:45 PM »
im going out with the wife tomorrow i wanna get on some fish thanks for all info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.