Author Topic: Cabelas Trans-Alaska III Pac Boots ?  (Read 19178 times)

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cabelas Trans-Alaska III Pac Boots ?
« on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:44 AM »
I have PAD which restricts the blood flow to my legs and need to find a boot that will keep my feet warm , I've tried other types of boots (Mickey mouse,PAC , Muck ) the Mickeys worked best but I still had numb toes after 3 or 4 hrs . I have read that these Cabelas are the cats ass for keeping your feet warm , they are a little pricey but would buy if they are that good , anyone have them ? Thanks in advance for any help !!!!

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Cabelas Trans-Alaska III Pac Boots ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:08 AM »
If you want warm toes use Baffins.

HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:49 PM »
I own the Trans alaska and love them, theya re the warmest boots I have ever had. They also have an area in the toe to slide in and remove warmers. you will be happy with these boots

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2009, 04:15 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
those look like a good boot where do you get them and what are they called ?who makes them ?how much ?

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I own the Trans alaska and love them, theya re the warmest boots I have ever had. They also have an area in the toe to slide in and remove warmers. you will be happy with these boots
anyone got a link for these trans alaskan boots ?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2009, 05:26 PM »
No boot can compensate for PAD. The best I can say is the Trans Alaska boot is a well made boot with the best under-foot insulation out there. Mine are going on their 6th or 7th season...I can't remember.

You may want to check with your doctor, but my guess is that much of your problem comes from sitting for extended periods in low temps. The Trans Alaskas do have a pocket under the toes for a heat pack. You may even want to look into electric socks.

Speaking of socks...do you layer your foot wear? I wear Silver liners, Poly Propylene and good wool boot socks. Protecting your extremities is very important. Having enough room in your boots for air to circulate is also important, so size them correctly.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2009, 03:11 PM »
those are the best boots I have ever owned . I got a pair last year and love them .  Some think they are to warm ,But I have never had a trip ruined because my feet got to WARM !!! lol .     You will love them . You can stand out all day in them on the coldest of days and never even get the slightest chill on your feet .  I just use a plain cotton tube sock and the boots do the rest .  It is a little tricky to get use to driving a truck with them on ,But I do it .      I will buy another set when I wear these out . One year on them(like 30 full days on the ice ) and still like new.

Offline wallyjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2009, 06:49 PM »
I have a pair of these boots and they are hands down the warmest boots i have ever owned! Buy a pair I promise you will not regret it.
God,guns, and guts made america free.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Another "vote" for the Trans-Alaska III boots.  They are definitely the warmest boot I've ever worn.  I have always had a problem keeping my feet warm - not any longer.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I bought a pair of Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots after the season ended this spring.  Haven't had the chance to try 'em yet, but they have to do a better job at keeping my feet warm than the Rocky Jasper Trac boots that I started out with. 

Warning:  If you are going to put Stabilicers on 'em, go two sizes larger than the Pac boot.  My boots are 11's and I had to go with the XXL Stabilicers.  The XL's, although their sizing chart said they would fit, were too small to get the straps over the boots.

-Jeff

Offline groovin61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2009, 07:55 PM »
My only knock on the Trans-Alaska boots are that they make your feet stand higher off the ground.  Its kind of like wearing platform shoes.  If you're not doing a ton of walking, they should be fine.  I currently have the Cabela's predator extreme and those feel a little heavier, but your feet are closer to the ground like traditional boots.  Both are ridiculously warm.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2009, 08:45 PM »
are the baffins and trans alaska boots waterproof? my cabela predator extremes have a fabric covered foam tongue and when using the power auger my feet sometimes get wet.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2009, 08:50 PM »
are the baffins and trans alaska boots waterproof? my cabela predator extremes have a fabric covered foam tongue and when using the power auger my feet sometimes get wet.
Never get wet feet in my TransAlaskas.  And I think they are easy walking boots; maybe a little "strange" feeling at first but I get around really nice in them - very comfortable.  I might even be able to drive my new full-size chevy truck with them on this year.  Could not do it very safely in my Ford Ranger.  Oops, I forgot, with the screws I put in em I'd better change over to my shoes for driving.  ;D

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2009, 08:50 PM »
My TransAlaskans are water proof.  Anyone else's?

Offline 97stang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:17 AM »
No boot can compensate for PAD. The best I can say is the Trans Alaska boot is a well made boot with the best under-foot insulation out there. Mine are going on their 6th or 7th season...I can't remember.

You may want to check with your doctor, but my guess is that much of your problem comes from sitting for extended periods in low temps. The Trans Alaskas do have a pocket under the toes for a heat pack. You may even want to look into electric socks.

Speaking of socks...do you layer your foot wear? I wear Silver liners, Poly Propylene and good wool boot socks. Protecting your extremities is very important. Having enough room in your boots for air to circulate is also important, so size them correctly.

RG
how do the sizes run? say I wear a size 9 1/2 -10 what size should i get.

Offline jmh58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2009, 01:57 PM »
What is the weight?? The reason I ask is I have a left leg prothesis and try to stay at below 3..3 1/2 lbs per pr. ::).Thanks..John ;D ;D
A great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!  Lookee there....I got a bite!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:02 PM »
What is the weight?? The reason I ask is I have a left leg prothesis and try to stay at below 3..3 1/2 lbs per pr. ::).Thanks..John ;D ;D

Roughly - 7.8 lbs.   :woot:  Surprised myself.  No wonder I feel like I've had a workout after a 4 -5 mile walk.  ;D

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:43 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

holy crow, I havent shopped for boots in awhile, those look frikin warm..... ;D :bow: 8)

I own Lacrosse 800gr. Thinsulate, and work well for me, no problems with wet or cold feet, but will be in the market for a new pair of boots for next year...and I think I found what I want...

Offline herb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:22 PM »
What model is the Baffin in Michianafisherman's post?

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:52 AM »
Impact
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:05 AM »
My only knock on the Trans-Alaska boots are that they make your feet stand higher off the ground.  Its kind of like wearing platform shoes.  If you're not doing a ton of walking, they should be fine.  I currently have the Cabela's predator extreme and those feel a little heavier, but your feet are closer to the ground like traditional boots.  Both are ridiculously warm.

Thats because of all the insulation UNDER your feet...where you need it on ice. I have a pair, and love them. These are the driest , warmest, most comfortable boot i have ever worn on the ice. (replaced the burly's, and MM's ) .   I only wear a pair of silk liner socks in them.....

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:39 AM »
Thats because of all the insulation UNDER your feet...where you need it on ice. I have a pair, and love them. These are the driest , warmest, most comfortable boot i have ever worn on the ice. (replaced the burly's, and MM's ) .   I only wear a pair of silk liner socks in them.....
DITTO -  :flex: :flex: :clap: :clap:

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Time to get the boots out of the back of the closet !!

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2016, 05:00 PM »

X2 I wear a pair of mid weight Merino Wool socks and my feet stay warm all day. Prior to these my feet got chilly regardless of boot/sock combination.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.