Author Topic: Flip up style portable ice shelters  (Read 3361 times)

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Flip up style portable ice shelters
« on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:28 PM »
I have been using my Quickfish III for a few years and have been thinking of going to a flip up type ice shelter however, after looking at the different brands at sportsman's it doesn't look to me like any of them have a system to tie them down in windy conditions.  If you know how you would do that let me know.   :tipup:
Bob

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: Flip up style portable ice shelters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:21 PM »
I bought the Clam Tie Down Straps for my Scout and Yukon, but after receiving them I wondered why I did it.  It seems to me like (especially on the Scout) you could put a couple of ice anchors through the ice upwind and just hook the tow rope through them.  With the Yukon, I would prefer setting it up with the back to the wind, and would need the Tie Down Strap Kit, since the tow rope comes off of the end of the sled, and the back of the sled would be to the wind with my setup.

Hope that helps,

-Jeff

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:04 PM »
I fished out of both the clam and eskimo flip 3 person units and liked them both.  I liked the Eskimo's doors and the clams seat and room.  I don't think the Shappell's material is Alaska proof, but could be proven wrong...
TEAM ALASKA

Offline armyguy2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:13 AM »
i also have a quick fish 3 and have one of the clams....personally i think the quick fish holds the heat in a little better...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.