Author Topic: Ice Auger Holder for snowmobile  (Read 3332 times)

Offline mattstark44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Auger Holder for snowmobile
« on: Oct 24, 2009, 09:08 AM »
I have a 99 Polaris Classic Touring and I would like to build a mount to attach Mad Dog Ice Auger holders on a bracket on the front of my sled.  I have a cover that I want to use so the bracket has to be off of the stabilizer bars or the belly pan.  I was just wondering if anyone out there has done some modification to there snowmobile like this?  If you have and have any pictures of how you did it, please include. Here is a picture of my sled - Thanks.

Offline splakeshaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Someday...She'll understand.
Re: Ice Auger Holder for snowmobile
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2009, 09:48 AM »
What I did was get a 2x6x6 board. I measured the length of the auger, and cut it appropriately. Took the excess board and screwed it into the long piece making a "T" to place the power head on. From there I used two U-bolts to attach the mount to the rear bumper of the sled and just bungeed the auger down. It holds things pretty tight. I also screwed a piece if carpet down to other end to cushion the blade cover of the auger. You could easily attach the mad dog mount to this. I believed it cost me about 8 dollars for my mount. I have no concern about wear or tear on the auger with this set up. Sorry I don't have pictures.  By the way, sweet sled!!!
If it wasn't for trout fishin', my wife would have a husband.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.