Author Topic: Drop Down Shanty Wheels  (Read 18217 times)

Offline Mr. Pike Mike

• IceShanty Rookie
Drop Down Shanty Wheels
« on: Oct 21, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Hi ya'll new to the site!   I found this site while looking for ideas on how to weld up some drop down wheel for my ice shanty.  After looking through all the old posting I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so decided to post.

I built my shanty way to heavy and can't pull it around on the ice without a truck.  So I built a frame with a hitch and now need to make the drop down wheels.   I have look at the different design but need some close up pictures if anyone is willing to post them on how they are made and how to connect them to the frame.

Thanks
Mike

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
Re: Drop Down Shanty Wheels
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2009, 03:21 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=118736.0

Look for "AMORTEC" post with pictures of his sweet shanty.  It has crank down wheels and you can kinda see them in the picture.  You could also PM him for ideas and better photos.  Good Luck and Welcome aboard!  This place gets addicting!
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Road King Outdoors Fish Houses has a pretty good picture of a drop down frame with the dropdown system in the up and down positions on their website.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Mr. Pike Mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses.  I look at the road king and got some good ideas but still don't understand how they connect the drop down to the frame of the shanty.  Can't believe they just bolt it on because I would think that would just bend and bind up sooner or later.  I also see now that they sell wheel kits on another site but i already have bought or have a lot of the stuff so I want to make my own. 

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2009, 08:04 PM »
Check out the zach shack drop down hinges.  Those are the most solid that I have seen.

http://www.zackshack.com/fishhouse.html

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2009, 08:18 PM »
Here's a website that will build you a trailer, or sell you the parts that you need.

http://fishhousesupply.com

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2009, 10:43 PM »
I be happy to send you some pics we have two houses with this setup, the newer one is a Ice Castle, the other one is a home made unit that's been around for 20 some years. Pm your email  address to me. If you can weld or now some one that can, this is a fairly easy project.  http://www.icecastlefishhousesmfg.com/
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline Mr. Pike Mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2009, 10:00 AM »
amortec

That would be great.  Like I said I already have most of the stuff and can weld so if you can show me pictures that would be great.  Mostly interested in how the wheels are mounted to the springs and the connections to the main trailer.  I'll PM you.

Thank

Mike

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Mine has a tube that goes all the way through the frame. There is another tube that goes through the first one and is welded to it on both sides. My axle system slides onto the inside tube which has walls about 1/4" thick. I don't think you could bend this if ya dropped a truck  on it. This way the stress isn't on the outside of the frame. I would send some pictures, but I don't have any availabe.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Took some pics today

I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline Mr. Pike Mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:07 PM »
amortec
Thanks for the pictures they should help.  I'll post pictures when I get it done for all to see.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.