Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers
New Jiffy engines: Why no reviews?
<< < (6/13) > >>
ice dawg:
I read somewhere a while back that Jiffy is having their engine blocks made in China and assembling them with their own parts in the USA. I have no idea who is making their parts. My buddy owns a baitshop and he said he won't be ordering any new Jiffys until he hears more about the new engines. I don't think my stealth is going to wear out any time soon though.
IcePro:
Last fall when Tecumseh announced that they are going out of business it sent Strike Master on the search for a new engine.

Jiffy did not have to search because they already have been looking at new engines and designing their own engine starting 4 years ago.

Jiffy’s engineers have designed their own engine to meet their requirements to match the right amount of power and torque for the transmissions.   Yes it is out sourced but do you really think that Tecumseh was really USA made?

These new engines have more power than the Tecumseh and are much easier to start.

Jiffy has two engines that you will find; on the 2500 series it is a 45cc engine with a 12:1 transmission and on the 3500 series it is a 52cc engine with a 15:1.

The 3500 series with a 15:1 has more power and more torque, great for 10” holes.

The new engine was introduced last year on the model 60sdi.  It received great reviews by actual fisherman.

If you compare the two auger manufactures Strike Master and Jiffy.  Strike Master is more of a marketing company.  They outsource their entire product line and have the time to flood the market with their advertising and hoopla.  Jiffy is a small town manufacture that manufactures many of the components in house and spends more time manufacturing than promoting.

Yes the engines maybe made over seas however with Jiffy manufacturing their own ice auger components and buying their raw materials in the United States they keep more Americans employed; Germany and Sweden do not employee Americans.

ice dawg:
I looked at the new Jiffys in a store today. The 2 hp 2500 was about $350 and the larger 3500 was about $100 more. They looked like a nice auger, but I didn't have much time to spend looking them over. When my 2 hp stealth dies on me I will have to get more serious about looking. Anyone else seen them??
Byron/PA:

--- Quote ---Last fall when Tecumseh announced that they are going out of business it sent Strike Master on the search for a new engine.

Jiffy did not have to search because they already have been looking at new engines and designing their own engine starting 4 years ago.

Jiffy’s engineers have designed their own engine to meet their requirements to match the right amount of power and torque for the transmissions.   Yes it is out sourced but do you really think that Tecumseh was really USA made?

These new engines have more power than the Tecumseh and are much easier to start.

Jiffy has two engines that you will find; on the 2500 series it is a 45cc engine with a 12:1 transmission and on the 3500 series it is a 52cc engine with a 15:1.

The 3500 series with a 15:1 has more power and more torque, great for 10” holes.

The new engine was introduced last year on the model 60sdi.  It received great reviews by actual fisherman.

If you compare the two auger manufactures Strike Master and Jiffy.  Strike Master is more of a marketing company.  They outsource their entire product line and have the time to flood the market with their advertising and hoopla.  Jiffy is a small town manufacture that manufactures many of the components in house and spends more time manufacturing than promoting.

--- End quote ---

What he said. I got a new STX PROII, still in the box so I can't leave an honest review, BUT I know that in the unlikely event of a problem, Jiffy will take care of it.
Trophy Hunter:
I'm like fishforpike my older model 30 jiffy is awesome and will most likely outlive me.  ;D Another thing i noticed on Strikemasters website it looks like a royal pain in the arse to start!! It looks like a toy sounds like a toy and watch out your not too hard on it...  ::)  ;D 

http://www.strikemaster.com/video_new/starting.html
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version