Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers
New Jiffy engines: Why no reviews?
<< < (5/13) > >>
lostfishy:

--- Quote from: dkfry on Oct 14, 2009, 07:40 AM ---If you want a 10" auger you will want a 3hp motor.

--- End quote ---

That was supposed to be the beauty of the model 79 by Jiffy and some others by using a new transmission unit, you could get improved performance w/less horse power.....
Curley:
I was just talking to my local bait shop. was told he was getting one of the new Jiffy's to demo against his Nils which replaced a model 30. They've been working on this engine for a few years now, and it's there own design. He said any problems with the engine , and they will replace it. I know it's all second hand info. I wish Jiffy would come out and say what's going on. Strike Master is killing them in the PR. :-\
TIBS:
I did notice that Jiffy is going to offer the new powerhead as a stand-alone product.  I seriously doubt they're going to sell many of those, unless someone has an old Tecumseh that can't be fixed, and even then, it's not much more money to get a whole new auger.  $324 for the stand-alone power head.
Nor Easter:

--- Quote ---10" Auger???
I want to see a Tanaka head, Jiffy 30 and StrikeMaster, all with identical 10" augers going at it head to head, then I'll decide on the "best", but I doubt it'll be "lightest".   
--- End quote ---

Once you`re over 50 I`ll check back and see if you feel the same.....
FISHFORPIKE:

--- Quote from: Nor Easter on Nov 02, 2009, 07:52 PM ---Once you`re over 50 I`ll check back and see if you feel the same.....

--- End quote ---

59 here and very close to 60.  I doubt a few pounds, of good 10" ice auger, will change my mind on what I want to use to put holes in the ice.
When I get so I can't manage a few lbs. of auger, I'll find someone to go with.  I been taking people along with me for years - it'll be pay-back time when I'm 90. ;D
Until a 10" auger comes along that out-performs my 20 year-old Jiffy 30, I'm sticking with it.   ;D :P  I'm sure the 2-cycle engines will be "outlawed", "illegal", or a "technical dinosaur" before my Jiffy 30 dies.
Eat yer wheaties guys  ;D
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version