The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: How's the ice up north?  (Read 1233 times)

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
How's the ice up north?
« on: Apr 09, 2009, 11:56 AM »
We haven't any down south here on the island. In fact, I saw a crow with a snake in its mouth today. Also I saw lizards eggs down in the pond this morning. I think there is snow in the forecast for Friday and Saturday for inland, we'll probadly get rain on the coast. The frogs haven't started yet, but I did hear one lone one last Tuesday.
Steve

Offline maineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How's the ice up north?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Just got back from checking them out...Lakes are still locked up.. Rivers are clearing but very very high..Throughfares between the fish river lakes(Long, mud, cross etc) are open and small areas at the mouth of the lakes are open. There's a few places you could get a boat in but another week or so will see big improvement

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Frogs are peeping tonight! ;D
Steve

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Frogs are peeping tonight! ;D
Yeah whatever! I just got home from picking up the snowmobile from the lake I was smelting on. Starting to get soft around the edges. Still got 20+ inches of ice on the pond so its going to be a while before the frog are peeping up this way. ;D ;D Did see a cow and calf moose on the way out through and they looked to be in great shape. Just cant wait till fall. 8) 8)

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Just cant wait till fall. 8) 8)

LOL you can't even get out of winter and into spring up there yet.  It may be fall before you know it  ;D

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:10 PM »
LOL you can't even get out of winter and into spring up there yet.  It may be fall before you know it  ;D
Just love hunting season. ;D ;D Fishing is a good way to pass the time till it gets here! 8) 8)

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Just love hunting season. ;D ;D Fishing is a good way to pass the time till it gets here! 8) 8)

Aint that the truth!!!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline macdaddyaxe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • live to fish and fish to live
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2009, 04:11 PM »
most of the ice in southern maine is gone ,going trolling for salmon on sebago tommorrow
 :laugh:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2009, 06:43 AM »
Most lakes are locked up still   very few ponds open all the way   still too much snow to get to the family lake!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I've started sleeping with the window open at night on the island, but was in Skowhegan last night and just about froze my ears off. :laugh:
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.