The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Perfect end of the season.  (Read 1251 times)

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Perfect end of the season.
« on: Mar 31, 2009, 11:04 PM »
I couldn't have picked a better way to end two of my favorite sporting seasons.  Rabbit hunting today followed by cusk fishing this evening.  The results:  Three rabbits and five cusk.  Never caught cusk before tonight.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Re: Perfect end of the season.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009, 05:50 AM »
Nice Job.....YUMMY BUNNIES!!... :P

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2009, 07:23 AM »
I was reading in the Northwoods Sporting Journal about different sausage they make out of the animals they catch trapping. Raccoon and beaver were the favorite of a guy named Gerry Lavigne. Grannie Clampet wasn't that far off in using a good road kill to eat. Yummmm
Steve

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2009, 07:48 AM »
   Boy,This post has just brought back some wonderful memories; "Chasing bunnies!" haven't done it for: MANY,  MANY YEARS..... Thanks for the MEMORIES. ;)2     BTW, was My pleasure meeting & fishing w/you this year; Hope to do it again?.....-Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2009, 12:48 PM »
   Boy,This post has just brought back some wonderful memories; "Chasing bunnies!" haven't done it for: MANY,  MANY YEARS..... Thanks for the MEMORIES. ;)2     BTW, was My pleasure meeting & fishing w/you this year; Hope to do it again?.....-Lou

I had fun that afternoon,  too.  Hopefully those crappies grow over the summer.

Offline Jofisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Last 2 Friday's I was snowmobiling in the Forks/Jackman area, a few times I came around a corner to meet a person standing on the trail holding a gun!! :o :o :o Make Ya nervous sometimes when your out in the boonies!!  Remember "deliverance"... Gotta love those rabbit hunters !! ;D
Always,take the kids

Offline kdcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Last 2 Friday's I was snowmobiling in the Forks/Jackman area, a few times I came around a corner to meet a person standing on the trail holding a gun!! :o :o :o Make Ya nervous sometimes when your out in the boonies!!  Remember "deliverance"... Gotta love those rabbit hunters !! ;D

Yeah, we just wait for one of them snowmobilers to break down...  Squeal like a Pig Boy  !   ;D ;D  kdcon

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2009, 02:37 PM »
I had fun that afternoon,  too.  Hopefully those crappies grow over the summer.
   I hope so too!......BTW, just received my MarCum LX5.(299.00 From Reeds) great deal if it's still going on?????....I remember you mentioned something about a new toy. :whistle: ;)2    I can't wait to try it.( I'm sure to give it a try; Soon, in the boat) :laugh:     Have a good one,   lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Saw on the news tonight a guy fishing down on the Sango River catching a nice salmon. The reporter said "and just think, he was ice fishing yesterday.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.