The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: IceShanty  (Read 1520 times)

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
IceShanty
« on: Mar 22, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Does anyone else ever mention to other ice fishermen about IceShanty to see if their a member and they look at you like you have three heads. Maybe we should have a secrete hand shake or something. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Never Give Up!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Re: IceShanty
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I usually ask if they've ever heard of it, they always give me the same look.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Been lucky, the few people I have mentioned it to knew of it or were members.  There ARE a lot of lurkers out there.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Most of the people I have bumped into this year are either members or have surfed it a few times.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline rednek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:15 PM »
i was out on the big puddle today and was asked if i was a member.i havent been on in quite a while though.by the way fishing was awsome hooked up with 10 togue. ;D

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Out of the four people I have asked this year every one has acted as if they never heard of it!
Never Give Up!

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:34 PM »
I know I've given the glidepath to the Maine forum to about 10 people, this season, out on the ice.
Scott Wright

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:37 PM »
always talk about it with others   heck its on the truck, on my hat, on my shirt  and always fly the shanty colors under ol glory when out on the ice!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:40 PM »
just told a guy at dq the other night. pretty sure he'll be on here soon. he said he was on another icefishing site here in maine ::) ,like there is any other ;D

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2009, 07:06 PM »
I've asked some guys before and they look at me like I'm from another planet? ???
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I've asked some guys before and they look at me like I'm from another planet? ???
same here... then I go on  about it and such.. then usually thye say "oh cool" and they kinda smirk....

Offline BeautifulMamaLacy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • REEL WOMEN FISH
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2009, 11:15 PM »
i work at maritime farms in union and whenever i'd hear guys talking about ice fishing or smelting i'd mention ice shanty.

i did however turn a friend of mine that i work with onto ice shanty, although i dont see him posting on here much. i think this year had been his second year of ice fishing, and he's a big fan of fishing just like myself.

although i dont promote ice shanty enough, i do promote ice fishing and make sure everyone knows i fish and that fishing is a great outdoor sport!

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2009, 09:23 AM »
most people are confused because they are not willing to give something like ice fishing a chance. they only know it as cold, dangerous and outside their comfort zone. it's better than fishing from a boat because you can get a big group of people together instead of the usual 2-3 persons. can't wait to see you all next year. 

Offline trucker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I mentioned it to people all the time and always get the three headed look. But I also got two new members signed up this year.
Hang out with the kids or go fishing......Can I take the kids out fishing?

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2009, 11:15 AM »
well, i've managed to turn my mom onto the shanty this season, and i think my old man is ready to come over to the darkside as well. i've been told that he's usually lookin over moms shoulder when she's on the shanty. and i also met one of the many lurkers back in february. had a big get together out on lake x, drink beer, catch a bunch of fish, everyone knows everyone type of thing. i was shootin the breeze with a friend when he then out of the blue asked me, if i was "keepah seekah"? i had to laugh cause i know what he was talking about.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline gearjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2009, 02:05 PM »
same here... then I go on  about it and such.. then usually thye say "oh cool" and they kinda smirk....

hey Lacy i'm tellin bonnie your goofing off...LOL tight lines and Happy B-day(or is it anniversary now?) :tipup:

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I have had a few head nods about hearing about it, and then have had them look at me like I was a computer junkie geek about ice fishing.  So what, I love to fish and work online alot.  Shoot me!!!

I was actually told about iceshanty 3 years a go at Sebago from a guy that pulled my Saab out of the slush I got stuck in driving out on the bay.  He asked if I was on and I said no, just remembered it this year while posting on another forum
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2009, 02:50 PM »
 I love iceshanty.com.! Fits right into my lifestyle. I think every fisherman in Buxton is on there, or will be soon. I have made so many friends here, it's unreal. Walked into Cabelas, the other day, wearing my hoody. Only to buy some special Lindy jigs that Mr. Gentz suggested. Took about an hour to find them. After filling the basket, two people stepped out and one says, who's watching the shop dad?  :laugh: I just laughed and answered chopper.
 Yes there are many nameless people on here, white collar, blue collar, and no collar at all. That's what I love the most, one voice created by all.
  Thank you iceshanty, for letting me play a role in this great fishing book.
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Maybe I should just buy an IceShanty hat! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Never Give Up!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Get the IceShanty.com Sweatshirt, it's thick and well worth the money. Thanks again Chris for taking the time to send it to me after I left it at Moosehead. ;D
Steve

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:00 PM »
Get the IceShanty.com Sweatshirt, it's thick and well worth the money. Thanks again Chris for taking the time to send it to me after I left it at Moosehead. ;D
hey no prob... it was too big for me anyway! ;)

Offline BeautifulMamaLacy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • REEL WOMEN FISH
« Reply #21 on: Mar 23, 2009, 09:10 PM »
hey Lacy i'm tellin bonnie your goofing off...LOL tight lines and Happy B-day(or is it anniversary now?) :tipup:

you know my bonnie?? she's the best boss a employee could have. haha... i always goof off and she joins in!! lol

thanks again for the bday wishes. hope to get some tight lines this weekend.  8)

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2009, 02:42 PM »
I mention it all the time  and tell them how great it is 

I wonder how many really ck it out ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.