New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093168 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
now Pooley, we gonna get together this year on the ice??? lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Yes sir, we will!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
This years SENY gathering will be held at the Gander Mtn ,100 N Galleria Dr, Middletown, NY 10941 · (845) 692-5600 .on November 19th 2016...the hours for the gathering will begin 10 am .

I am encouraging members to bring a show and tell item and/or a topic for discussion ...share your experiences ,wisdom and tried and true techniques with your fellow members .

I am also asking members if they wish to supply a snack ,refreshments, paper products etc please post to this thread so members can see what others will be bringing and to avoid duplications .

Hope you all can make it .

Ps I know the date/times may not be convenient for some members ..but I chose the times after careful considerations(the date was the only one available for the lodge not to interfere with a holiday weekend,etc)

Please Keep This Thread Positive with your postings .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
This years SENY gathering will be held at the Gander Mtn ,100 N Galleria Dr, Middletown, NY 10941 · (845) 692-5600 .on November 19th 2016...the hours for the gathering will begin 10 am .

I am encouraging members to bring a show and tell item and/or a topic for discussion ...share your experiences ,wisdom and tried and true techniques with your fellow members .

I am also asking members if they wish to supply a snack ,refreshments, paper products etc please post to this thread so members can see what others will be bringing and to avoid duplications .

Hope you all can make it .

Ps I know the date/times may not be convenient for some members ..but I chose the times after careful considerations(the date was the only one available for the lodge not to interfere with a holiday weekend,etc)

Please Keep This Thread Positive with your postings .

Thanks for the info Diehard !!  We'll be there !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwater Diehard thank you for the time you put in to organizing the preseason gatherings . Look forward to renewing relationships with members I have met and gotten to know since joining Ice Shanty and making relationships with members attending I have not gotten to know yet. Think I still have name tags left from last years gathering which I will bring with me. Do you know if Gander Mountain will be selling the New this season Frabill float suit that is U.S. Coast Guard approved as a life vest ? Be nice if we could have a suit at the event so folks could check out it's features compared to other float suits on the market.
Mr.Clean/Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Do you know if Gander Mountain will be selling the New this season Frabill float suit that is U.S. Coast Guard approved as a life vest ? Be nice if we could have a suit at the event so folks could check out it's features compared to other float suits on the market.
Mr.Clean/Steve

Don't know ...I would think based on years past with less and less Frabill stuff on store display I'd say no ...I would think some of Clams float suits may be on display ...they have had lots of Clam products on display for several seasons now.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Was in there today and they have all the ice fishing tags up but nothing on the shelves lol they are starting early this year

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Every forecasting station I check has a different winter outlook some say its going to be an average winter temp and snow wise while others say its going to be warm and dry or cold and dry or cold and snow..... glad they all think the same  :cookoo: :blink:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
It will be what it is....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well its SNOWING here now at my house!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
TO EVERYONE THAT HAS GOTTEN MY SPOONS IN THE PAST. IF YOU GO TO THE GET TOGETHER AT GANDER MOUNTAIN BRING THEM WITH YOU AND I WILL CHANGE THE HOOKS TO THE VMC HOOKS THAT ARE NOW STANDARD IN THE SPOONS. had allot of people, myself included, having the Mustads bending and breaking, even on bluegills. I stand behind my workmanship and will correct for you all...

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Thanks John...stand up guy right there!   :clap: :thumbsup: 
Will be in touch with you soon for another order...keep up the good work!    :thumbsup:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline kLuo

• IceShanty Rookie
TO EVERYONE THAT HAS GOTTEN MY SPOONS IN THE PAST. IF YOU GO TO THE GET TOGETHER AT GANDER MOUNTAIN BRING THEM WITH YOU AND I WILL CHANGE THE HOOKS TO THE VMC HOOKS THAT ARE NOW STANDARD IN THE SPOONS. had allot of people, myself included, having the Mustads bending and breaking, even on bluegills. I stand behind my workmanship and will correct for you all...

Awesome that you are doing this, John. I won't be able to make it to the get together but would like to pick up some hooks to swap my spoons out. Could you let us know exactly what VMC hook and size you are using on the new spoons?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
same sizes, #9650BN   send me your contact info and ill get in touch with you to try to get together to swap out the hooks.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
so this Saturday will be the get together at Gander Mountain. I hope to be there with my small spoons, hooks for replacements of both large and smalls. I might have to call it off tho due to a family issue, I will not know till that day...

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 With this Saturday being the opening day of gun season, I will be in a tree waiting for bambi. I hope the gathering goes off good      I would have liked to have been there, but the  timing was bad for this year.    Hopefully we can meet up on the ice, assuming we get ice this year. Ha ha ha ha

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
the date should have been talked about instead of just set! we are a group not just people following one man.

this is the worst possible day of the year to have set it...

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
True, but it probably was the reason the date was open....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well the meeting can take place anytime, not only before the season... hard to believe that theres not a day from December till march ...

I cannot make it. contact me for hook replacement of boss spoons...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Record Report

Issued: 1:55 AM EST Nov. 21, 2016 – National Weather Service

... Record daily maximum snowfall set at Binghamton NY...

a record snowfall of 10.2 inch(es) was set at Binghamton NY yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 3.1 set in 1961.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Winter Weather Outlook  2016/2017Hudson Valley

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/hudson-valley/news/2016/11/21/winter-weather-outlook-hudson-valley.html

Think we are in for an average winter temperature wise ...w/less snow

at or below average temps for December ...so maybe an early start

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How was the get together ???

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
The get together at Gander was great!  h. diehard (as always) did a great job, samples, stickers, brochures, new ice fishing set ups, cold weather gear, a wealth of knowledge and a whole lot more. Mr Clean had a full list of ice contests, cold weather gear and ice fishing equipment. Donuts and coffee tasted great, and tho' it's more fun to drink it, talking about good beer is a close second.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings hope everyone had a good thanksgiving with friends and family. This year's preseason saw low attendance after BlueSail and his children left only Havejigswilltravel his wife and brother showed up at the lodge room of Gander mountain in Middletown,NY. Like BlueSail stated Hardwater Diehard secured various catalogs and some free items  for members to take home. Catalogs from 13 Fishing,Eskimo, Ion Ice Augers, Custom Jigs&Spins, and a few other companies . I went home with a rotating power minnow from CJS and a lanyard from 13 Fishing.
   Unfortunately Hardwater Diehard is not able to reserve the lodge room one year in advance so when he went to book for this year the only open Saturday in November was the 19 TH. He wanted to avoid Thanksgiving weekend and month of December due to chance of Winter weather on day of event. Back in 2013 when the first preseason gathering was held around Dec.15 Th it snowed that day and only 4 people showed up at Gander Mountain. In past years members have made the drive from Long Island to attend, Havejigswilltravel lives in Parsipany,NJ. his brother came from Round Out,NY. (Greene County)
  In 2017 when June arrives I will remind Hardwater to look into reserving the room he also tries to have the event when Gander Mountain will have it's ice fishing gear/equipment selections out on display. I'm sure he will avoid opening day of Big game/deer hunting firearm season in the future.
 The list of Fire deportment and one hunting club contest I compiled is for events in Sullivan County. All dates given are based on previous years and subject to change. Once I have comfirmed dates for each contest I will pass the information onto moderator AdkRoy for him to include in the yearly ice fishing contest thread he mantains each year. The thread can be found stickied near the top of page 1 of New York Community/board .
  If anyone wants a copy of contest list please send me a personal message with your name and mailing address and I will send you a copy.
Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey gang! I have not been around much, but I'm still kicking! Looking forward to ice fishing this year! Sorry I missed the gathering, but not much I could do. I wanted to bring My antique augers there.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
A local Sullivan Co. small lake water temp this past weekend was 35°.
I'm planning to be on the ice by Dec 20th; below freezing forecasted starting next week...fish on ;)

:clap:

Bill

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
A local Sullivan Co. small lake water temp this past weekend was 35°.
I'm planning to be on the ice by Dec 20th; below freezing forecasted starting next week...fish on ;)

:clap:

Bill

Thinkn that's a real possibility ...plan to be out there around Christmas

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 BlueSail thank you for the report,looks like the colder temperatures are finally coming to our area.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.