New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091787 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i am checking in often between making spoons and trying to escape the heat. lol   the spoons are coming along nicely and i am looking to get to staples to make up some business cards to give to people...   who knows i might even try to make a basic website to get things rolling. i am really getting good at making them now. they are still custom but very close copies are this years lineup. jiggin them in a bucket and they look so nice, hold on a min someones at the door.

that was the crappies. they know im back at it!!!! lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
SENY in the house ...myself ,mr clean and Boss Jigs ...only ones on line @ 4:17 am est

I still check in once in awhile but not posting much yet due to setting up stands and getting ready for early bear season on saturday and deer season on october 1st... I did however get replacement blades for my lazer hand auger for $20 and they're new in the package and made in Sweden  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
YOU WILL have ice soon,hope,hope.there are spots that
you can ice fish in DEC.
ASK ME i will tell you.NO SECRETS YOU WILLNOT out fish me,
i have been fishing from 1944 or 1945,and yes every year.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
dewey here, I check in all I can ...The early ice sounds good to me riverrat2...
images.jpeg

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
dewey here, I check in all I can ...The early ice sounds good to me riverrat2...
ANY TIME. if i can help i will,we all fish different,so what works for me
MAY not work for you, but try it,it may,and the same gos for what works
for you may not work for me
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
come on guys, ITS DEAD IN HERE!!!! whats everone up to? i am still making my spoons. just waiting for more supplies but i got about 80 that are ready to fish and another 120 that just need a finishing touch. then i am going to start to play with some new styles and see what i can come up with new for this year.

i got another mitchel avocet reel, the smallest one, from cabelas. the drag is so soft on this reel it feels like a 2" minnow will be takin drag! its smooth too!!! i got it from cabelas and it was about $30. i have 2 others, 1 same size and 1 next size up and they are all awesome drags. the hooksets will not be tearing through the "papermouths" with it thats for sure.

im hoping to find a good camera for this year too. then i will be able to post some pics of my spoons and fish...

well i hope to hear from some of you guys soon. im looking through the resent posts a few times a day and everytime theres a bunch here.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I on the Shanty quite often ...been working on the pre ice gathering on November 8th...Boss jigs You coming?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Things are starting to heat up on here! I believe some of us are getting the "itch"! I have been busy doing some fishing on the soft stuff. Crappies and landed my first Muskie.
On the hard water side, I too have been taking inventory. Purchased a few items over the summer. I am going to see what I have, what I want to part with and hopefully will make the gathering with some stuff to sell or trade.
Hope everyone is in good health and that the early predictions of a cold harsh winter are correct.
It is what it is....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I check in once a week or so, just don't have much to say.  I haven't been out since the spring time , been working mostly. Now I'm gearing up for deer season.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
where is this years gathering going to be? as long as deer season doesn't have me butchering on that day i might be able to make it. if i can i will bring my spoons.

i am really working to get a vast variety of colors this year. i might make another order for a smaller sized spoon but not sure if the money is available at this time. i just made what i know works to get me started. once i can afford to play then i will try changing things a bit. but the size i am making now has been very productive on 7 or 8 differant lakes that i fished last year and a few people that have gotten some from me have said they did good on a lot of other lakes as well. that's why this size is my focus to get things started.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
where is this years gathering going to be? as long as deer season doesn't have me butchering on that day i might be able to make it. if i can i will bring my spoons.

i am really working to get a vast variety of colors this year. i might make another order for a smaller sized spoon but not sure if the money is available at this time. i just made what i know works to get me started. once i can afford to play then i will try changing things a bit. but the size i am making now has been very productive on 7 or 8 differant lakes that i fished last year and a few people that have gotten some from me have said they did good on a lot of other lakes as well. that's why this size is my focus to get things started.

Saturday November 8th @ the Gander Mtn in Middletown NY still working on the times  ...it would be great if you could bring your jigs a lil show and tell is encouraged for all who attend.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
I HATE GANDER MOUNTAIN but i understand the location is good for people to find from whereever they might be driving from. again i will try to make it and if i do i will have my spoons with me.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
After looking at some other considerations ...no rental and deposit ...no keys to return and easy to park and get to there. .if other options present themselves in the future the location my change .

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
After looking at some other considerations ...no rental and deposit ...no keys to return and easy to park and get to there. .if other options present themselves in the future the location my change .

Im down in Rockland, and I know a few guys/gals that would be interested in attending. I wonder if anyone knows of an Elks club that may let us have some space or a library with a community room..heck, we could even let a library know we would be more than happy to set up and show all the kiddies, and adults, all about ice fishing..just an idea.
It is what it is....

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
is it alittle to early lol ..hey every 1. boy alittle cool air and the site comes alive !!!!!!!!!!!    ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
is it alittle to early lol ..hey every 1. boy alittle cool air and the site comes alive !!!!!!!!!!!    ;D

This cool air that we are currently getting is setting up for a great opening day in 2 weeks! I need some meat for the ice!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah!  I will be setting the last of my tree stands this weekend.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Scored an older Genz Fish Trap,my second one,for $40. With added folding boat seat and travel cover.

It is what it is....

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Scored an older Genz Fish Trap,my second one,for $40. With added folding boat seat and travel cov

That on from CL in Rosendale ? Was looking at that a lil bit ago .

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Congrats. Looks to be in good condition.   I liked my Fabil one man flip over, but I rarely used it, so I sold it off.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
That on from CL in Rosendale ? Was looking at that a lil bit ago .

Yep..The guy called last night. Seemed when I emailed him the day he posted it, my email as well as all the others ended up in his spam folder. He was wondering why he didn't have any emails from people interested in it.

Its in really nice shape. I like that it has a rear shelf and the added boat seat for comfort. And the price was right. The other one I have is not as old as this one, and I got it for $50. That one i like because it can be set up with the included pole as a windbreak.
It is what it is....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Congrats. Looks to be in good condition.   I liked my Fabil one man flip over, but I rarely used it, so I sold it off.

Thanks KB! I'm planning on attending the gathering in November. I have some stuff(tip ups, combos) that I will be bringing to sell or trade. Like you, I have some stuff I like, but just don't use anymore.
It is what it is....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Nice score Corndog enjoy the new to you shelter. I want to remind you and other members coming to the preseason gathering to please remember that we are using the facilities of a retailer that sells ice fishing equipment . I do not have a problem with anyone bringing items to trade-sell but ask that any exchange of gear and cash be done in the parking lot of Gander Mountain or at some other site out of respect for our host /Gander Mountain. As Hardwater Diehard stated in a earlier post we are using the lodge area free of charge ,Gander hopes some of us drop some money in their pocket that day. We can look for other easily accessible places to hold future preseason gatherings, Just realize we may have to ask for donations to cover rental fees.

I do like your suggestion of a show-tell /talk about ice fishing for youth.

Sorry if my comments offend you or anyone ,personally I'm bringing a tip down that is made and sold by an Ice shanty member for others to examine will pass on cost and contact info. for the tip down to all who are interested in owning one. Like many of you I'm not the biggest fan of Gander Mountain , but the location is great off of 2 major highways .
Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
looks good cord dog... have fun...  :)
images.jpeg

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Totally understandable Steve.. The location is convenient and I agree that any selling should be done outside of Gander walls.
It is what it is....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
looks good cord dog... have fun...  :)
Thanks Dewey. My oldest is psyched. He doesn't have classes on Fridays, so, we are both hoping for a bunch of "Ice Fish Fridays" this coming season. This is our second Fish Trap.. As well as the three Vintage Frabill Ice Shuttle we've scored.. Lol! You can never have enough!
It is what it is....

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
nice find corndog ..looking for one like that too ..might come up with mom if i get the day off from the boats

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
nice find corndog ..looking for one like that too ..might come up with mom if i get the day off from the boats
Thanks!
Let me know! Hope all is well..tell Mom "HI!" from me!
It is what it is....

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
will do Andy .mom says hi  :tipup:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.