New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1094137 times)

Offline Senka

• IceShanty Rookie
no only the reservoirs east of the hudson are open for ice fishing

Swinging Bridge and Toronto Reservoirs could both be ice fished AFAIK and aren't East of Hudson River.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
He's referring to the NYC reservoirs. Ice fishing permitted in MOST of the reservoirs east of the Hudson.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
There were people on Lake Superior up until Sunday on crap ice, I thought they were crazy, as of Wednesday, it was 95% open with whitecaps.  Same goes for most of the other lakes, bring your boats if you wan to fish in Sullivan county.  Most everywhere the water is high and murky.

Is there any safe ice in Sullivan County?

anyone fish past few days?  :tipup:
Mark it 8 dude

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
yes i was reffering to the nyc reservoirs since that is what the question was about

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Got 2-3 inches of snow overnight ...winds are howling and the power went out .....1-3 inches of snow predicted for tonight ....Ol' Man Winter isn't giving up without a fight/last call .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Same here.  Its a cruel joke, we were just getting used to the warmer spring temps.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings Hardwater diehard and KB , received 1 inch or lees here in New Windsor most of the snow has already melted still windy. My weather forecast also calling for snow later tonight. I've see April snows before but do not remember such a big temperature change high near 80 on Friday and now not supposed to get above 40 until Tuesday.
   I hope everyone makes it through this weather alright with no or minor storm damage to trees and buildings.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Too little, too late.

LOL

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I decided to frost seed my food plot this year about 2 weeks ago as a experiment as it had some bear spots.... hope it didn't start to sprout lol

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
As predicted 2-3 inches of the fluffy stuff fell over night ...the ground could use the moisture for sure to help alleviate the threat of fires ...last spring was a real bad fire season .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  Now we get some snow ...We didn't get any all year... To bad the ice didn't stay this year...
images.jpeg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Weather is mucking up my Thunderbird scouting ....

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

With the snow they stand out better...     ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

It's too early for that anyway.... Last 2 evenings of April is all ya need

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Also scored a brand new M18 fuel drill (the 1200 lb. torque model) with two 5.0 amp batteries for $198 today... clam plate as a xmas gift and I'm good to go no more hand drilling for me!

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Also scored a brand new M18 fuel drill (the 1200 lb. torque model) with two 5.0 amp batteries for $198 today... clam plate as a xmas gift and I'm good to go no more hand drilling for me!

That's a great price!
I used the previous model with 750 lb torque, drilled 30+ holes (8"  Fin Bore) in 6" of ice and only lost 1 bar on the battery. No more stinkin gas powered augers for me!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
just  checking in think of the ice ...does it ever go away...
images.jpeg

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings Dewey hope you are having a good spring with time to do some open water fishing.
Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll be happy to get some ice, but lots of snow will hurt walking in it.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
For the most part ...winter snowfall isn't that bad on average near me ...but 2014/2015 season dropped two heavy snowfalls with no warm up in-between making it tough.. sloppy and memorable.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hmm seems my M18 fuel has a bit of a wobble at high speed... looks like I'm gonna have to get it looked at

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879 hope you are having a good open water season. Sorry to hear about the problem with your drill ,better to discover it now then during a ice fishing trip.
Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Hmm seems my M18 fuel has a bit of a wobble at high speed... looks like I'm gonna have to get it looked at
really? wow I have not seen mine or friends with any problems like that. the warranty is pretty good tho. good luck.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth879 hope you are having a good open water season. Sorry to hear about the problem with your drill ,better to discover it now then during a ice fishing trip.
Steve

I dont open water fish much... gotta borrow my dads truck to do that... that will change tho when I get my own.

Yea was making some corn hole boards for my friends and was drilling some holes and thought hmm thats a weird wobble. Glad i did find it out now. I'll finish the boards before I have it looked at tho  ;D

really? wow I have not seen mine or friends with any problems like that. the warranty is pretty good tho. good luck.

thanks yea its only a couple months old had the wobble since i started using it

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Got a nice B-day gift today... clam drill plate and the ice anchor install tool no more hand drilling for me lol

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Your gonna love the Clam Plate ...I have the older version.. requires chuck removal .. paired with my DeWalt and SM Lazer ... what an awesome set up....my only suggestion is get the extension ..your back will love you for it .   

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
For the most part ...winter snowfall isn't that bad on average near me ...but 2014/2015 season dropped two heavy snowfalls with no warm up in-between making it tough.. sloppy and memorable.

I remember that! Trudging through knee deep slush to get out there, even snowmobiles were challenged to get out on the ice. I hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Your gonna love the Clam Plate ...I have the older version.. requires chuck removal .. paired with my DeWalt and SM Lazer ... what an awesome set up....my only suggestion is get the extension ..your back will love you for it .

Already plan to get the extension lol When I decided I wanted the clam plate I looked at the length of the lazer auger and went the extension is a must... When they first came out with the plate the first thing I said was they will make it so you don't have to remove the chuck in a year or 2 so I decided to wait.... Not sure why they didn't make it that way the first time.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879 belated Happy Birthday enjoy the Clam plate this Winter. Did you get the wobble problem with your M18 Fuel drill resolved?

Redneck Fishfinder hope things are going well for you down on Long Island .

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.