New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093029 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Wahoo! 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
I hope everyone had a great summer full of fishing and cold ones! So there is a meeting november 8th at gander mtn? What time is it?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
I hope everyone had a great summer full of fishing and cold ones! So there is a meeting november 8th at gander mtn? What time is it?

That's a good question, Joe..... I don't remember us discussing what time we would begin.  How about it Mr. Clean???  How about 10:00 AM until....... ?????

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
BigJoesFishing, IceBalls  I will have to get in touch with Hardwater Diehard, but the two of us were thinking 1pm to 5 or 6 pm .  I will see if we can set at time before the coming week is done and then Hardwater or I will start a thread about the preseason gathering.

I also will post an update in the seny 2015 gatherings suggestions thread latter today.

Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i think it should be set for a little earlier, 10 or 11, this way people will not need to rush back home for dinner. also that time of the day the road traffic will be crazy getting out of there. just my thoughts about having it go to 5 or 6
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree with Boss J...earlier in the day allows everyone to stay as long as they wish without having to rush off at dinnertime.  10:00 or 11:00 AM sounds about right !!  How long will Gander Mtn. be willing to let us stay ???

Hey Joe.....any chance of Gander coming up with some Ice Fishing specials for us ???

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
I agree with the 10am start. Maybe make it till 5pm.
It is what it is....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Folks I have sent Hardwater Diehard a personal message asking him to please post the hours for the preseason gathering. I have no idea if any other group has the Lodge room reserved for part of the same day we are meeting . Hopefully he will post soon with all the details.

Both of us are concerned about having enough topics to take up 4-5 hours of time. We realize some members will come and go during the gathering. We had hoped to have Tim Thomas (Finders Keepers) from the NYS ICE Pro-Am and Winter Classic tournament come and speak about both events . Unfortunately for us with his becoming a new father recently and finalizing details for this years Ice Pro-Am and Winter Classic he is unable to join us for the event . But fear not we have other things planned there will be two different makes of floatation suits available for your viewing. I'm also bringing two different tipdowns and some other gear.

Please bring any items you think maybe of interest to the rest of us with you to the gathering.   BigJoesFishing do you have any idea if Gander Mountain will have ice fishing gear in the store by the day of the gathering?

Mr.Clean/Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I will be posting official times by weeks end as well as invitations to our fellow members in PA,NJ and CT on their respective threads .
I hope everyone will bring a show and tell item or a specific/unique  technique to talk about
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Thank you all of us will be waiting for your next post.
Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Mr clean  I spoke with Tim Thomas & he said he will send me down some info .. That I will bring & talk about..
images.jpeg

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Mr. Clean, Hardwater Diehard
You guys have been doing a ton of leg work to get your gathering together....hope it turns out great for you guys!!
Great job!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Deweyicefish  glad to hear Mr. Thomas is sending you info. I was going to send you a personal message to remind you about speaking at the preseason Gathering.

Massoneddie  thank you for the compliment . This is the second year for the preseason gathering hopefully we get a good turn out . I became a member of Ice Shanty in Jan.2008 and since 2009 we have tried to have an annual on-ice gathering/outing . This year/season I'm trying to have three on-ice gatherings spread around south eastern  NY. so more members can attend and meet the people they exchange posts with every ice season.

Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
This years SENY gathering will be held at the Gander Mtn ,100 N Galleria Dr, Middletown, NY 10941 · (845) 692-5600 .on November 8th 2014...the hours for the gathering will be 1pm till 5pm (til 6 pm if need be)

I am encouraging members to bring a show and tell item and/or a topic for discussion ...share your experiences ,wisdom and tried and true techniques with your fellow members .

I am also asking members if they wish to supply a snack ,refreshments, paper products etc please post to this thread

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=292918.msg3062944;topicseen#new

so members can see what others will be bringing and to avoid duplications .

Hope you all can make it .

Ps I know the date/times may not be convenient for some members ..but I chose the times after careful considerations(the date was the only one available for the lodge not to interfere with a holiday weekend,etc)

Please Keep the Thread Positive with your postings .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Mr. Clean, Hardwater Diehard
You guys have been doing a ton of leg work to get your gathering together....hope it turns out great for you guys!!
Great job!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Not sure it was hard work ...but a lil work ...Emailing manufacturers for product catalogs  ...which I must say most responded very well ..some didn't return my Email ..which is kinda disappointing ..other went totally digital/on line catalog ...still I like a good ol paper catalog to peruse through.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
They were putting ice fishing stuff out today when I went  in to grab some scent control stuff

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i still think 5 or possibly 6 is way too late in the day to end this. you really should rethink the times....

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
I don't think too many people will be there for the entire duration but longer hours gives more people the opportunity to make it. I'll be there in the earlier part of the gathering.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Just tell me what times you want me there & I will be there ... I will try to bring some food snacks whatever you guys want... It looks like 1pm till?
looking forword  it... :)
images.jpeg

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just curious, but what was the objection to an earlier starting time (like 10AM or 11AM) ??  Seemed like there were several requests for that.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
good question rodger...

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
what is am appropriate time for something like this 4,6,8 hrs ... If we did 6 hrs say 10am - 4pm   I think would be fine...    a few snacks sandwiches maybe a crock pot or 2 should be just fine for the people that are going to be there for the 6 hrs ... how many people do you expect to show ?
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
as dewey said 10-4 would be a better time...

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Dewey....  yes, six hours is a long time, but, if you're doing something you love, like talking to other IceFishermen about the sport you love..... time really flies !!  Add to that the chance to meet those guys you've been talking to on IS all these years, exchanging information about new fishing grounds, new tricks andd methods, checking out the gear we'll be showing off at the meeting ..... you won't believe how fast those six hours will go !!

Your suggestion about some snacks, sandwiches, coffee & cake.... all good ideas.  Let's coordinate that by posting on here what each of us will bring.I'll start it off by bringing at least two "Boxes of Joe" and a couple of dozen donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.

Starting the meeting at 10AM or 11AM is still a good idea....can we get some response to that ??

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I think 5 hours would be the maximum amount of time for the preseason gathering. If 50 members attend I would be really happy . We will have to see how far Gander will let us go with food& drinks . Please remember we are using there facility free of charge and there maybe other groups booked to use the lodge room the same day . If we get a low turn out we can look for another place to meet and try a different time frame in the fall of 2015. Assuming we keep having annual preseason gatherings . No date or time frame will suit everyone .

We should probably wait a half hour after the starting time before we get things going on the 2015 on-ice gathering(s) discussion and Dewey's talk about the NY. Pro-Am fishing tournament,etc. . I also have a suggestion for the 2015-16 ice season . Also know people will like to socialize and see what gear Gander has out for Ice fishing.  I would also ask if a member/members would be kind enough to take notes and photos that day so we can do a post meeting report for all those would could not attend and to refresh people memories of what happened at the event.

Due any of you think that a meeting agenda should be posted here on I.S. before the preseason gathering ? My thinking is an agenda would give members with limited time to attend a better idea of when they should arrive.

In other news I was at Thruway Sporting Goods in Walden,NY. last night they are starting to put out the ice fishing gear. They have never had a big selection of gear and what I saw looks like left over merchandise from last season. Also they are remodeling all clothing and team sports gear has be relocated to a new building next to the new Hanaford supermarket. The hunting and fishing equipment is staying at it's present location.

Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Please use this thread in regards to the  Pre Seasons Ice Gathering.. Snacks , Topic ideas ETC

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=292918.0

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
So like last year I decided to make the NYS Iceshanty badge for this year here is the link to submit a picture to possibly be chosen for the background!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=293153.new#new

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
I agree with Boss J...earlier in the day allows everyone to stay as long as they wish without having to rush off at dinnertime.  10:00 or 11:00 AM sounds about right !!  How long will Gander Mtn. be willing to let us stay ???

Hey Joe.....any chance of Gander coming up with some Ice Fishing specials for us ???

Sorry Ice Balls i haven't been on the forum for a while because i have been busy with work or fishing. They have a catalog for the ice fishing season. Some pretty cool stuff but not much on sale yet. My favorite item so far i have seen this year for ice fishing is the new gander mtn jigging rod. Also clam has a whole line of great jigs that just came out.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
DUE TO A SCHEDULING ERROR BY GANDER MTN I HAVE TO CHANGE THE DATE AND TIME
OF THE SENY PRE SEASON ICE GATEHERING THE NEW DATE AND TIME IS NOVEMBER 9th at 10 AM .
I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCOVEINENCE THIS WILL CAUSE ANY ICE SHANTY MEMBERS AND GUESTS   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.