The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sons first day pike fishing  (Read 499 times)

Offline Jofisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sons first day pike fishing
« on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Took my son (12 year old) to Belgrade Lake this afternoon for a few hrs of fishing after school.Set up by 4:00 , A couple of fisherman nearby came over & advised where they had there traps set up & how they were doing.( been there all day, only two small pike ). We set up close to shore near an inlet opposite them and waited for the action.
Around 5:00 pm we had our first flag, Son caught what I guess a 3 pounder, Wow was he excited bringing that one in... His first Pike ever...Well after that I couldn"t touch a trap, he was all over them before I could take a step. About 6:45 pm the neighbor fisherman came over & offered their bait to us as they were done fishing... ..More than a dozen 8" river run smelt(alive).  Yes, I made room in my X-tra bucket....  Thank -you Gents for tomorrows supper if they dont make it for tomorrows outing !! ;) After they left we had 4 more flags, son caught 3 more fish, Biggest 6 +Lbs. Picked up just after 7:00 Pm.. What an afternoon he had...Stories to tell friends in school tomorrow... ;D
Always,take the kids

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
Re: Sons first day pike fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2009, 11:06 PM »
fun fun got to love the excitement of firsts ;),

welcome to triple digits as well ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.