The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: OT.....Solarize Inflector Window Systems  (Read 791 times)

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
OT.....Solarize Inflector Window Systems
« on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Just saw this commercial on TV....looks very interesting...better then putting plastic on the windows....Anyone seen them before and/or know the prices on them?

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Re: OT.....Solarize Inflector Window Systems
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:04 AM »
Guess not..... :(

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:06 AM »
Just saw this commercial on TV....looks very interesting...better then putting plastic on the windows....Anyone seen them before and/or know the prices on them?
looks like total junk to me...i bet plastic would work better.  You need to create a pocket of air in between the glass and whatever barrier you use.  If relatively leak free the pocket of air acts as insultation.
Just bought a new passive solar house with custom boxes with shades designed to insulate the windows at night.  They work great.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Don't buy Anderson windows because they are junk and their warrentee only covers the replacement of the windows not the labor of putting them in. I have 17 windows in my addition that have lost the gas in between the glass and run water all winter down them. I had to put plastic on last fall like I had to with my old Grossman's window that cost $25.00 a piece. I would never buy Anderson again and would advise everyone to stay away from them. It's always the fine print that gets you when you deal with shady people.
Steve

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:45 AM »
You got more windows on your addition then I have in my whole apartment.  ::)

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:52 AM »
You got more windows on your addition then I have in my whole apartment.  ::)

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are :laugh:
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2009, 08:08 AM »
I had to put plastic on last fall like I had to with my old Grossman's window that cost $25.00 a piece. I would never buy Anderson again and would advise everyone to stay away from them. It's always the fine print that gets you when you deal with shady people.
Grossman's  lol We are showing our age  again  lol   wife used to work at the only profitable one  in Maine    PI     and those windows leaked too   and they shipped you the new glass too    but I payed less for them   lol discounted...      Still got a load of their ceiling fans that people returned   cause they were too stupid to read directions    but as we know   grossmans turned into home depot (they deny it)   (manager at Bangor said they were not allowed to hire former grossmans employees   and for some reason all their sku # on their products were the same coincidence? hm mm  BTW I still have a few of the grossmans windows  but they have now lived out their life and are scheduled to be replaced this year when Mardens  gets some new ones in   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Sawyerjosh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2009, 08:52 AM »
I think you will find warrantee on pretty much all windows and doors- replace product, but wont pay to have re-installed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.