New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Where can I get big pike bait between Albany and Paradox lake?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
Im looking for a bait store that will have big pike bait, im looking for suckers between 7-10 inches and big shiners. Any help would be great. thanks

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Where can I get big pike bait between Albany and Paradox lake?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Conroys in Watervliet always has some good size suckers in his tank.  He can order them too but it's getting a little late for that I would think.  Fish 307 on Rte 9 In Lake Geo also has suckers but again, you have to look for the bigger ones.  There's a bait shop in Schroon Lake but the name escapes me.  They will be busy this weekend with the Derby on the lake but I would bet they too would have some suckers in stock...just not sure if they'd have the jumbo's you are looking for. 

Offline jeg in albany

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:21 PM »
I'm not sure of their current inventories but you  could try Flying Arrow in Slingerlands or Crossroads in Chestertown, just off exit 25 of the Northway.

Offline 07HARLEY

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2009, 02:53 PM »
You can try the bait shop at round lake.  He is sure to have shiners and suckers.  Just south of the lake on the right where they sell all the firewood.  Daves bait in hudson falls had alot last week.  Both shiners and suckers.  He is half the price of 307 if your in the George area.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:04 PM »
in schroon lake at bobcats bait about 5 min from paradox just curios when and where your going on paradox i'm on that lake quite often and i'll probably be up there all weekend had some pretty good days up there so far

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:58 PM »
I actually have a camp on Schroon and will be in the tourney this weekend. The reason i was asking as because with with bait supplier from Mass( michaels?) not selling bait people have been saying most shops are grtting low or are out. I know flying arrow in East Greenbush has NOTHING and he doesnt know when he will be getting any in. Thanks

Offline mbs1957

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Conroys in Watervliet always has some good size suckers in his tank.  He can order them too but it's getting a little late for that I would think.  Fish 307 on Rte 9 In Lake Geo also has suckers but again, you have to look for the bigger ones.  There's a bait shop in Schroon Lake but the name escapes me.  They will be busy this weekend with the Derby on the lake but I would bet they too would have some suckers in stock...just not sure if they'd have the jumbo's you are looking for. 
[The name of the bait store in schroon lake is bobcats/quote]

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:29 AM »
MBS: Is that a shanty on those wheels? Does MBS stand for MY BIG SHANTY???  I had a shack that was 12 x 8 but yours looks bigger....you probably have to pay school taxes on that thing.   Post some pics if you have any. 

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Anybody buy bait today? Still looking for BIG pike bait. Conroys "big" bait is about 4 inches long and is not really what i am looking for. Any word from fish 307 or crossroads even bob cats? Thanks leaving in the am to head to camp. Thanks :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.