The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: 2010 ice shack venture Aroostook county  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
2010 ice shack venture Aroostook county
« on: Mar 03, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Id like to make a perm shack somewhere up here in the county but I cant do it alone Id like to have a few of us go in together for a shack and work together to put it out get it back in safely  Plans on when where and sharing are sooo open   I would have one but the ability to get it on and off the lake is my major problem and cant do it alone   granted I can build one and store one   but to do it alone I cant do it  Anyone interested in a shared shack?
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2010 ice shack venture Aroostook county
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Hi John..I would definately be interested in that! Let me know.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:02 PM »
Hi John..I would definately be interested in that! Let me know.
:) great  I know I miss the perm shack   where would you like to see it at?

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:05 PM »
I would be open to any ideas you have. Would love to have a shack on Square??

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I would be open to any ideas you have. Would love to have a shack on Square??
me too   but wow would that be hard to retreve in the nasty weather!

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:09 PM »
For sure...I assume you would want to work on this in the summer months, just pm when you are ready to go!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:15 PM »
For sure...I assume you would want to work on this in the summer months, just pm when you are ready to go!
oh I will !   I dont care where it goes   Im ready to build!  I have 2 trailers  1 6 x10 and a 8x10 snowmobile trailer so size is up to choise   it is just sharing getting it on and off thats the major deal   I dearly miss the perm that you can go at a min notice!  your in PI right   so even squapan is cool   lol

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:21 PM »
BTW are you fishing the statewide this weekend? if so where? maybe we can get together and chat about it  at square lake!

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:22 PM »
I look forward to it! Yes Im in PI and I usually split my time bewtween Squpan and St.Froid. I usually ride my sled in to Squpan from here its about 35 min. from my door yard. I usually haul the portable into there. My Dad has a perm. on Froid so I do alot of jigging there for smelt. But I would be up for anywhere. I know what you mean about the perm. last one I built was around 10 years ago, ending up cutting it up in pieces to get it off the ice. It seams there is always someone around to use it with you but when it comes to getting it off you have no friends! :laugh: Just let me know when you are ready to get started and I will be there!

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:26 PM »
BTW are you fishing the statewide this weekend? if so where? maybe we can get together and chat about it  at square lake!

I have not entered the derby but would be up for some fishing this weekend. I will have a better idea after tonight what my weekend looks like, my daughter in in the High school band and we will be travling to Orono for the eastern maine finals this afternoon in Hockey, and if they win we are in Lewiston saturday. If you are open to either day I will shoot you a P.M tomorrow after I see how the game goes.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:34 PM »
sounds good to me

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2009, 01:30 PM »
Id like to make a perm shack somewhere up here in the county but I cant do it alone Id like to have a few of us go in together for a shack and work together to put it out get it back in safely  Plans on when where and sharing are sooo open   I would have one but the ability to get it on and off the lake is my major problem and cant do it alone   granted I can build one and store one   but to do it alone I cant do it  Anyone interested in a shared shack?

Hey John, I like the idea of the team shack. I wish I lived closer to you guys so I could be part of it.
Now that being said, in my 51 years on this planet, I've yet to see a team shack concept work. What usually happens is people are willing to help you get the shack out there, then use it during the winter, but when the time comes to get the shack off or even jack it up when it sinks, they're no where's to be found. It's happened to me on numerous seasons. So I hope you get better, more dedicated, fishermen than I had through the years. Good luck.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2009, 01:44 PM »
well one I have chatted with is a "brother" so that also comes into play cause If I cant trust them........ :)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:42 PM »

Hey John, I like the idea of the team shack. I wish I lived closer to you guys so I could be part of it.
Now that being said, in my 51 years on this planet, I've yet to see a team shack concept work. What usually happens is people are willing to help you get the shack out there, then use it during the winter, but when the time comes to get the shack off or even jack it up when it sinks, they're no where's to be found. It's happened to me on numerous seasons. So I hope you get better, more dedicated, fishermen than I had through the years. Good luck.

Dennis a neat little trick to make sure you have at least one helper to get it back off the ice is to put someone else name and adress on it...i put derbyguys on mine  ;)

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Dennis a neat little trick to make sure you have at least one helper to get it back off the ice is to put someone else name and adress on it...i put derbyguys on mine  ;)

Oh, so that's why 5 different people asked to include my name on their shacks this winter. And I thought they were my friends. :D :D :D

Offline mainemark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:09 PM »
well one I have chatted with is a "brother" so that also comes into play cause If I cant trust them........ :)
I wish i lived closer,id love to fish with you,and help put on/take off. Speaking of that,i have to start thinking about pulling my tank off the lake in the next few weeks :'( If you build may i suggest a couple of pillars on the porch,and naming each one of them? ;D ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Hmmm  wonder if we could come up with a degree on the ice   that might be fun   yea  I bet I do know the 2 pillars names!   But Id be more interested in the dinner!

Offline mainemark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:34 PM »
HA! I bet it is the same up there that it is down here! We eat REAL good! Maybe you could get some cedar from lebadon,to build it with?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:35 PM »
sometimes I go to lodge Just for the dinner  lol 

Offline mainemark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Hey what a novel idea.... How about a fishin trip composed of brothers?Im in! ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Hey what a novel idea.... How about a fishin trip composed of brothers?Im in! ;D
Ive brought it up a few times  without much interest   (derby money raiser)   there are woods degrees   woodchopper degree   wonder what kind of icefishing degree we could come up with     Id love to attend a masonic icefishing get together   lodge on the ice   could be interesting   wonder how one would go about it    I think Ill talk to our DDGM for info...

Offline mainemark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Please do,and get back with me/us. thanks,mark

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:30 AM »
hey guys i have a semi portable hardside on the shore up the lake on eagle . its 5 by 8 on teflon plastic skis. ive used it only once due to the depth of snow. its basic w/ no seats in it and its not insulated. i wanted to keep it light so it would be easy to move around the lake. when the snows fairly hard it pulls like a dream! has a hitch and all. i could insulate it and build some permanent seats and we'd be good to go for next yr.! could put it on eagle or long. would be easier to access and remove at the end of the season. i could keep an eye on it. i know just the spot on eagle for it too if you guys would like to put it there. i could even put it there now for the rest of the season if this snow is tamped down enough. let me know. be great to have a last end of season get together at the shack on eagle!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:41 AM »
be great to have a last end of season get together at the shack on eagle!
Great idea  Id be up for it  afterall we got an additional 15 days this year    I went up by eagle 2 weeks ago  scouting  didnt seem like many shacks outside of the groups together   was thinking about the statewide so had to look    right now prob easier to get in on eagle than across cross lake to square

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #24 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:46 AM »
 "Perchfest 2010" might draw some interest up there john............. ;)
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:29 AM »
i know just the spot to move it to for that as well! cmon up dave!

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:42 AM »
hey guys i have a semi portable hardside on the shore up the lake on eagle . its 5 by 8 on teflon plastic skis. ive used it only once due to the depth of snow. its basic w/ no seats in it and its not insulated. i wanted to keep it light so it would be easy to move around the lake. when the snows fairly hard it pulls like a dream! has a hitch and all. i could insulate it and build some permanent seats and we'd be good to go for next yr.! could put it on eagle or long. would be easier to access and remove at the end of the season. i could keep an eye on it. i know just the spot on eagle for it too if you guys would like to put it there. i could even put it there now for the rest of the season if this snow is tamped down enough. let me know. be great to have a last end of season get together at the shack on eagle!

Sounds great Steve! Are you going to be around to fish with us this weekend??

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:47 AM »
i wish i would be. got plans to run after muskie both days this weekend. gotta fund my fishing expeditions! lol! maybe on sun. the following weekend. promised the girlfriend the sat. ill give me a chance to head up to move the shack during the week and set it up for us. ill keep you guys informed. if you guys wanna use it this weekend let me know. a good sled shouldnt have a problem towing it now. pm me and ill tell you where its located and where ill leave the key. tight lines!

Offline Derbyguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Mar 05, 2009, 03:52 PM »
You may regret that. I had to take my name off mine on Sebago because people would fish near it figuring that I've been told where all the big fish have been caught.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.