The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Icegator Attacker Review ........  (Read 69465 times)

Offline jhill

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Icegator Attacker Review ........
« Reply #180 on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:34 AM »
RyanLookingforRevenge, i think you are ruining the IceShanty experience for a lot of folks.  Sorry you had a bad experience...now don't wreck everyone else's.  Most guys are here to chat with fellow icemen, get some good ideas, share some fun stories, get advice, and have a positive expereince.  If folks are interested in your negative reviews they'll find them alreayd...you are (one of a few) everywhere.  Thanks for sharing your bad experience so everyone can be informed...but I don't think many guys want to listen to you complain anymore...we come here to get away from that- have wives at home to listen to.

Can't speak for what happened to you, but judging by the ridiculous tone of your repeated posts...I think the folks you were dealing with probably just got sick of listening to you bch, whine and scream like a 4 yr old. 

Its good that you (supposedly) have a vendetta to protect other consumers, but my .02 is that you are now just making yourself look childish.

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #181 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback

Your post makes me see alot, and i take some of it to heart.

However your arrogant/insulting tone and remarks were more of an eye opener.

I am always amazed at how someone that doesn't know someone can call
Them a 4yr old, abreviate swears, and generally insult that person.

At least be a grown up next time, leave the insults out of it.

And I'm the 4yr old.

Good fishin' this thread gets no more input, nor any other Ice gator threads, mostly cause I made positive comments on alot, and am now locked out of them....wow.

“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #182 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:31 AM »
 :bow: Thank You.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:24 PM »
 haha i could pick up ryan's slack if i wasn't fishing so much...

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #184 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with the "new" switches on the Attacker II?  Also, do you guys feel the lithium battery pack is worth the extra money or is the lead acid sufficient?

thanks

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #185 on: Dec 24, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Has anyone had any issues with the "new" switches on the Attacker II?  Also, do you guys feel the lithium battery pack is worth the extra money or is the lead acid sufficient?

thanks

Just from the nature of LI batteries I would love to have a set.  They are 10lbs lighter than the standard and have no memory issues like the standard batteries.  When my current set dies I will probably upgrade.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #186 on: Dec 24, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Just from the nature of LI batteries I would love to have a set.  They are 10lbs lighter than the standard and have no memory issues like the standard batteries.  When my current set dies I will probably upgrade.

Been trying to find/buy a lithium battery pack for my IG Attacker II  --  If anyones knows where I can get it (as in "in stock") let me know and I will be placing the order.

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Dec 24, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Jhill First of all when you said to Ryan that he is ruining Ice shanty for alot of folks,give me a break. You've made 15 posts,half of them have been about Icegator.Most people " get advise", well the way I see it Ryan was giving advise "BUYER BEWARE". "IF folks are interested in negative reviews they would of found". If ICEGATOR posts wouldn't have disappeared people would of definately found them. "Bchin ,whining,and screaming" the guy got screwed over and had every reason to. I think the IG Ryan received was a gift. How would you feel if someone spent alot of money on something for you and it didn't work, probably be a little angry? As far as being childish, I think he handled it alot better than most.
Do I own an icegator? NO. I was in the market to buy one, called them to find out some info never got a response.  I was lucky enough to be on Iceshanty look at the auger section and read all the negative feedback, so I stayed away from them. THANK GOD. Ryan I am sorry to hear all the nonsense you went through, good luck this year and MERRY CHRISTMAS .

'
'

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #188 on: Dec 24, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #189 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:42 AM »

Do I own an icegator? NO. I was in the market to buy one, called them to find out some info never got a response.  I was lucky enough to be on Iceshanty look at the auger section and read all the negative feedback, so I stayed away from them. THANK GOD.

'
'
hopefully you read the good stuff too
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #190 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:32 AM »
I just wanted to add: thanks Jhill!

I now take video of what it drilled like for it's first season (6 trips maybe) and the same unit that got sent to me "repaired" (ya right) and try to drill a hole with it. It dies after it feels resistance from the ice. You can stop it with your hand!!

Thanks Jhill. You made me take the issue to the "streets", I think I convinced a guy not to get one today. He seemed pretty impressed with the video. Not so with the repair job. Lol. 

They didn't help me at all....at least I can help fellow fisher-people!

Good fishin'!

Now, I'm done posting on here about the gator.

I'm getting the news out in "Real Time". At events everyone wants to see a "demo". 

No better impact can I make than that.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #191 on: Dec 30, 2011, 05:54 AM »
Put a new, freshly charged, battery on it.  ;)

I just wanted to add: thanks Jhill!

I now take video of what it drilled like for it's first season (6 trips maybe) and the same unit that got sent to me "repaired" (ya right) and try to drill a hole with it. It dies after it feels resistance from the ice. You can stop it with your hand!!

Thanks Jhill. You made me take the issue to the "streets", I think I convinced a guy not to get one today. He seemed pretty impressed with the video. Not so with the repair job. Lol. 

They didn't help me at all....at least I can help fellow fisher-people!

Good fishin'!

Now, I'm done posting on here about the gator.

I'm getting the news out in "Real Time". At events everyone wants to see a "demo". 

No better impact can I make than that.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #192 on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:20 AM »
I see on their facebook page somebody is asking when the 2011 augers are gonna be shipped and they're getting no answer.  We are only a couple days away from 2012, right?

Anybody actually been foolish enough to see if any dealers carrying these things have them in stock?

Ryan, I hear ya on the Jiffy.  My almost 40 year old one might be heavy, but it's never let me down.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #193 on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:34 AM »
Ya, my model 30 is noisy....she sure cuts though.

Hope mine lasts as long. She is 5 years old now.

I was retarded about it the first few years, this site helpedw
Maint it properly and tune it correctly. No probs since.

I see you served. From a CF (now CA) serving member. Thanks for your service! 15 years for me now.

Good fishin'!

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:20 AM »
I talked to a dealer last week just because the xmas holiday and he said that ice gator had just shipped his IceGators, but I haven't heard whether or not he has recieved them.  We are in SD so I'm not sure how long it should take.

Offline jhill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #195 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:28 AM »
@Ryan- I wasn't trying to be so offensive in my first post to you, and realize now, that my post was out of line too, and created the same negative vibe i was trying to prevent.  For whatever reason the IceGator is like politics or Tim Tebow- nobody is luke warm on the subject, and the argument brings out the worst in everyone.
Nobody likes to get ripped off, i wouldn't wish that on anyone, again...sorry you had a bad experience...If you have a legitimate claim with them, i'd say take it to the Better Business Bureau, or even file a claim in small claims court.  That is the more appropriate place to file a claim, and would be more effective for you to get a resolution, certainly easier than attending trade shows to bash them. 

I really was glad to see your negative comments (and from others like Ran7ger and 1 or 2 others who had bad, unresolved issues) on this site last yr when i was looking into buying...your experience helped me go in with my eyes wide open.  The other guys who never even bought one...I don't understand why they'd bash a product they have zero experience with.  If you don't HAVE an IG, and would obviously never buy one, why would you bother to even visit, let alone post on a forum titled "IG Review"...you have nothing of value to add, so why waste your time and everyone elses?

Just so you all know- I'm not going to respond to any more posts on this chat unless its a specific question that i can answer for someone about the product (or put another way- unless its relevant to the Topic).  PM me if you like, keep bashing if you like...I'm not interested in a back and forth argument.  Just wanted to apologize to RyanPerch.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Lol. I'll decide what is appropriate for my circumstances, thanks.  I'd love to see how the that would go, me in Alberta Canada...fighting a company in the states...would that cost me more of my time and more money?

You call it bashing. I'll call it passing on real life/time experience to others.

If it sounds harsh or like bashing...I don't feel like Thats is what I am doing, and it's not my intent.

I put hard earned  Cash in those people's pockets and the abandoned me when Thier product failed, sent me a faulty "repaired" unit.

The BBB/legal process was less than helpful, I'm out of warranty and from what they tell me...legal wise, with no leg to stand on. I went to that train of thought first....I wanted resolution. I wanted a fixed auger. I wated to continue to bring it out and show people; be that Positibe voice for icegator. It was not going to get me anywhere, BBB and lawyers both told me that the consumer laws and my lack of warranty is a door closer.

We all have that right, and I for one fight for it.

All in all, again...I'm passing on what happened To me. That's all. In my own tone, inflection and manner.

Have you can come up with a way to get me my money back? A new auger? Continue to love YOUR gator, I'll continue to show folks on the ice what "fixed" means to Gregg and Dee.

I hope not to offend YOU personally and appreciate your apology.

Good fishin'

Offline maddog117

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #197 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:06 PM »
I do not want to go down this slippery road again this year. But , I've taken my gator apart to grease it due to it being really noisy this year.  They used sealed bearings on the shafts. So I used a hypodermic syringe to force the grease past the seals of the bearings.  Now the motor is noisy. I think I'll take it to a local electric motor repair shop here in Lansing Mi.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:28 AM »
I need to find a shop up here that will touch it without a :

"well....$/hr......humming....well...$/hr.  Coming out of Thier mouths first.

Good fishing!

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #199 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:37 PM »
Alright, even though there has been plenty of negative feedback I feel the positive outweighed and I took my chances.  I purchased the Attacker II with the 24V Lithium battery pack today and I will post my thoughts/feelings on Monday after drilling a bunch of holes this weekend.  I partnered mine with an 8" Nils auger and I'm very excited to see how it works!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #200 on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:42 PM »
Alright, even though there has been plenty of negative feedback I feel the positive outweighed and I took my chances.  I purchased the Attacker II with the 24V Lithium battery pack today and I will post my thoughts/feelings on Monday after drilling a bunch of holes this weekend.  I partnered mine with an 8" Nils auger and I'm very excited to see how it works!
Nice.  You wil like it.  Can I ask where you got it?  Curious because I want to find a place to purchase a lithium cell pack for mine.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #201 on: Jan 15, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Good luck wish the best.

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #202 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:13 PM »
I bought mine from Pheasant Country Express in Redfield, SD (talk to Mike).  Now, I was only able to get it out and use it yesterday but I was VERY impressed with the performance, WOW!!!!  I only drilled 38 holes and the ice was 12.5" thick, but it showed NO signs of slowing down.  I did video drilling the last two holes of the day and uploaded to You Tube if anyone is interested the title is "IceGator with 8" Nils (holes 37 and 38)"

Edit - here is the link

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #203 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:26 PM »
I bought mine from Pheasant Country Express in Redfield, SD (talk to Mike).  Now, I was only able to get it out and use it yesterday but I was VERY impressed with the performance, WOW!!!!  I only drilled 38 holes and the ice was 12.5" thick, but it showed NO signs of slowing down.  I did video drilling the last two holes of the day and uploaded to You Tube if anyone is interested the title is "IceGator with 8" Nils (holes 37 and 38)"
Thanks for info and the video - Nice ;D

Offline maddog117

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #204 on: Jan 21, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Like I said last year, I liked the way the augar works. The customer service side was lousy. When mine breaks again, I 'll get it fixed locally. However Capt joe is a good guy to talk with. And I heard that he has something to do with the company now.   Anyway happy fishing . I think we finally have safe ice .

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #205 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Like I said last year, I liked the way the augar works. The customer service side was lousy. When mine breaks again, I 'll get it fixed locally. However Capt joe is a good guy to talk with. And I heard that he has something to do with the company now.   Anyway happy fishing . I think we finally have safe ice .
Don't quote me; but I think Joe has left IG.  Too bad, I think was an asset.  Mine is still working perfectly, this year.  ;D

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #206 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:10 AM »
Yes, Joe is out. He tried to help me last year with my problems but never came through. Not his fault, he said he was not much involved with it anymore and it was not his choice. Too bad, he is a great guy and cared about the customers. Since I have replaced the switches and bought new batteries (not from IG, will never give them another cent again) my gator is running great. The soldering job on these things could use some major help too. I re-soldered my wires at the charging piece, they were very loose and holding on by a thread. Just wish I never had to go through the BS to get it done and maybe I would not feel so bitter.
I like the unit but not the company. Oh well.

Good luck to all and tight lines.

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #207 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Well, I drilled somewhere in the vicinity of 70 holes through 11" of ice on Saturday with an 8" Nils auger attached before the battery gave up.  I realize it's only been a couple weeks but I'm very happy with it so far.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #208 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Yes, Joe is out. He tried to help me last year with my problems but never came through. Not his fault, he said he was not much involved with it anymore and it was not his choice. Too bad, he is a great guy and cared about the customers. Since I have replaced the switches and bought new batteries (not from IG, will never give them another cent again) my gator is running great. The soldering job on these things could use some major help too. I re-soldered my wires at the charging piece, they were very loose and holding on by a thread. Just wish I never had to go through the BS to get it done and maybe I would not feel so bitter.
I like the unit but not the company. Oh well.

Good luck to all and tight lines.

Hey draz.  What model you got and what did you use for batteries?  I'm going to tear mine down this spring and check things over.  Would like to find new switches and lithium batteries - somewhere.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #209 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Hey draz.  What model you got and what did you use for batteries?  I'm going to tear mine down this spring and check things over.  Would like to find new switches and lithium batteries - somewhere.

I have the Attacker II, I went with the regular batteries, I did not look for the lithium, I was afraid if it was not a battery thing, I would be out even more money.
I only paid $16 per a battery and so far so good. I just Googled "power sonic 12v 9amp replacement". I will make it a point to check the connections before, during and after the season from now on, this way no problems. The new switches are much better, just pay attention, the location of the forward and reverse switches are opposite from the buttons on it.
Good Luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.