The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Brunswick Scroggin  (Read 4759 times)

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
Brunswick Scroggin
« on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Just got home. I see TONS of people out on the Andro fishing. (Below the dam) First time I have ever seen serious ice fisherman out there. Wheeler's with tracks, sleds, you name it. Is this a coincidence that I posted I had caught a 40"+ northern out of there a few years back????
,we call them junk fish!

Offline I walk on water!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brunswick Scroggin
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:12 PM »
It was slow down there early this morning. Saw two caught today. There was people all along the shore. The ice ws like swiss cheese. Saw one that some people had caught full of eggs.

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Just got home. I see TONS of people out on the Andro fishing. (Below the dam) First time I have ever seen serious ice fisherman out there. Wheeler's with tracks, sleds, you name it. Is this a coincidence that I posted I had caught a 40"+ northern out of there a few years back????

Changed my reply.

I'm betting a lot more people lurk here than contribute.  That is why I feel we all need to be careful about the information that we post.

I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:39 PM »
True, I lurked for over a year before I acutally started joining in. In this case though, This is no hot spot, just a river that 20,000 people drive by every day! The pike shouldnt even be in there, what ever!
,we call them junk fish!

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I wasn't passing judgement or commenting on if pike should be there or not.

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people out there who rather take the easy route than learn how to fish.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Changed my reply.

I'm betting a lot more people lurk here than contribute.  That is why I feel we all need to be careful about the information that we post.

[/quote

WOW I have been saying that all year and have been getting chewed out by people !!!!!!    >:(

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:06 PM »
This is suppose to be a friendly site with fishermen sharing and gathering info whats the problem with people getting info

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I wasn't passing judgement or commenting on if pike should be there or not.

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people out there who rather take the easy route than learn how to fish.

288 posts you must have contributed a ton ::)

Offline I walk on water!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Does everyone think that this site is why some many people have been going therwe the last few weeks or just from driving on the bridge or sitting inside the sea dog haveing a brew and saying hey lets go fishing there like everyone else ???

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Does everyone think that this site is why some many people have been going therwe the last few weeks or just from driving on the bridge or sitting inside the sea dog haveing a brew and saying hey lets go fishing there like everyone else ???
the problem, as I discussed with a fishing partner today, is there are plenty of legitamate people who are on this site who wouldn't go and steal spots, and would love to help another member out, and say hey "great Fish" or report conditions for the next guy,  But for every registered IS member on the Miane board there are probably 5-10 LURKERS who are not registered on here and all they do is use the postings and such for their own gain...  thats why I say post picturs/ results/ conditions on the Maine lake conditions board..  those are only accessible to peope who are registered on Ice Shanty...

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Very good point i love helping people out and i dont give out specific spots i fish a hanful of lakes and thats about it and where i fish i never have alot of competition

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:28 PM »
288 posts you must have contributed a ton ::)

289 now.  I refuse to contribute locational information publically.  Too many people lurking on this site that are looking for the easy way out.  Too many peopel looking for a free handout.  As I see it, internet sites contribute to fishing pressure pure and simple.  Mainly because people post specifics.   

I answered the question asked by the poster as I see it and get jumped on.  Then I see where people call it a friendly site.  You don't like the answer- fine but neither you or anyone else will stop me from speaking my mind.  Just ask Harry Vanderweid how friendly this site is. ;D

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:56 PM »
289 now.  I refuse to contribute locational information publically.  Too many people lurking on this site that are looking for the easy way out.  Too many peopel looking for a free handout.  As I see it, internet sites contribute to fishing pressure pure and simple.  Mainly because people post specifics.   

I answered the question asked by the poster as I see it and get jumped on.  Then I see where people call it a friendly site.  You don't like the answer- fine but neither you or anyone else will stop me from speaking my mind.  Just ask Harry Vanderweid how friendly this site is. ;D

Oh, No, No, not Harry again! ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Oh, No, No, not Harry again! ;D

I figured he can't have all the fun. ;D

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:06 PM »

thats why I say post picturs/ results/ conditions on the Maine lake conditions board..  those are only accessible to peope who are registered on Ice Shanty...
Chris,
Anybody can sign up to be a member and then they can view all the boards that we can... 8)

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Harry Big And Wide Now i know what kind of person you are you probably love george smith too

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:30 PM »

Sorry if you felt that I was jumping all over you?

As for fishing down there, I would think it would be hard to keep your bait where you want it due to the current. Also brackish water may rust metal components on tip-ups??? Is that logical??
,we call them junk fish!

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:35 PM »
Its a place where you fish the eddy,s. Also incomeing tide is minimal flowedge. I don,t think there is any brackish water as the ocean is about 20 miles away and a lot of fresh water falls over that dam.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Harry Big And Wide Now i know what kind of person you are you probably love george smith too

Yup I'm the kind of person who is secure enough with my opinions and my abilities not to have to go to personal attacks. 

EASTGRANDEST

We can agree to disagree.  We both answered each other and I didn't think you were jumping on me.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I am sure it wasnt only this website that brought the pressure on the andro.  There was plenty coverage in the newspaper also !!! But yes there is alot of people that lurk.   Think about all the people that come on say they are new to the site and you never hear from them again !!!  Like I have said before the internet can ruin some of your best fishing holes if you are careless

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2009, 07:46 PM »
the back page of the Cryer this weeek in the mail had "Pike running in the androscoggin" headline with a couple of guys holding 4 pike in the 10-15 pound range. That might have something to do with all the people fishing down there lately.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 28, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Lets hope they are being responsable and not wasting the resource.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Moosehead Lake 2008
« Reply #22 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Where do you think the newspaper got the story? I know they read, remember the guy that posted looking for shanties to put in the Lewiston paper, they ran a pike story.

Offline Simmy04548

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2009, 01:28 AM »
the back page of the Cryer this weeek in the mail had "Pike running in the androscoggin" headline with a couple of guys holding 4 pike in the 10-15 pound range. That might have something to do with all the people fishing down there lately.
   I saw the back of the Cryer and it was a little upsetting for me it was a  secret spot me and a buddy was gonna try in a week or two.., I knew it would cause a flood of people to try their hand landing some big fish. The pictures showed the bridges and some real dominant landmarks, I hope they are safe. Cause with the current down there the ice is pretty sketchy in spots (out in the middle).   
In the land of the blind. The one  eyed man is KING 

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2009, 05:39 AM »
   Drove by and saw all the action in little shanty town.............A guy by the Deli was telling a crew with Giants caps on that the strippers had just started coming in.................... . ;)
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline hoghunta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:36 AM »
How long do you think it takes before some falls in down there? That area is not a place to mess around! Someone will end up dead or wet down there before the season ends. Be Careful!
huntin the next hog!

Offline Bowdoin Boy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:51 AM »
I grew up on Merrymeeting bay and spent most of my life on that water and I can tell you that the next Pike record will come out of that River in the next two years.There is so much food for them,smelts,perch,chubs,tommy cod,alewives,suckers,eels,bass,strippers,you name it its there.they have more food than they can eat.I just hope people don't get stupid ice fishing that river it can be very dangerous.I have fallen in smelt fishing,you go down your not coming back up in the same hole.I think spring time people will catch some nice fish.. :tipup:

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #27 on: Mar 01, 2009, 07:49 AM »
It's funny you bring this topic up. I have noticed quite a few people on that section of the river this year for the first time. Does anyone know if they are catching anything over there?

Offline hoghunta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Mar 01, 2009, 07:52 AM »
reread entire post
huntin the next hog!

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2009, 07:55 AM »
reread entire post

::) One report of someone catching something....anyone else? How much ice is over there?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.