The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebago Partners  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
Sebago Partners
« on: Feb 15, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Plain and simple, Northern_Princess is going away for the week on her girls only cruise to the carribean and I need someone to fish Sebago with.

I have no sled or 4 wheeler so my ice transport is pretty limited to my feet and I will be getting myself a radio for contact Friday before heading over to Sebago.  Not sure what my plan is yet, waiting to hear back from xPhelanx, but either way we are gonna wanna be around other people because of the ice conditions and stuff.

Anyone interested in hooking up Friday night or early Saturday night it would be a great time to fish with ya.

If I am not gonna fish Sebago I am just gonna leave town for the week, I can not fathom the thought of someone else winning when I was not there to put my lines in LOL
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sebago Partners
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:06 AM »
whos gonna bait the hooks for them
in god we trust

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I understand everyone wants to win, but why so hush hush about the spots and stuff now that Sebago is here. Everyone is usually all happy go lucky cheery about helping out the new guy and new members in the beginning and then all the sudden Sebago comes along and everyone is independant. 

Whatever!  I at least hope someone can help me transport my boat when I win next week.

;)
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 02:23 PM »
I told you i would be in touch walter.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2009, 02:45 PM »
I understand everyone wants to win, but why so hush hush about the spots and stuff now that Sebago is here. Everyone is usually all happy go lucky cheery about helping out the new guy and new members in the beginning and then all the sudden Sebago comes along and everyone is independant. 

Whatever!  I at least hope someone can help me transport my boat when I win next week.

;)

Why so hush ., hush you ask?   $$$$$$$$$$$$$   that"s why . Everyone becomes a dreamer this time of year. Good luck to all of of you. I'm going to help out at the kid's derby Friday, chose to work this weekend instead of fish.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Sorry guys, I should have explained this was not an attack but a commnet towards one person who knew it was coming and definitely a goof on him.  I am in no way attacking you out there. I have mapped out and planned my winning spot, I mean spot I will be winning at, I mean fishing hole ;D, I was jsut busting them on someone.  I understand why everyone else is out there in thier secret spots, it is not like we are not gonna talk on the radio and find each other throughout the day.  I will be on the Rte114 side and will call when I get there.

Sorry I guess I should have PM that 2nd post -

I guess I should ask this then

Who is gonna be there Friday Night?
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Why sorry? Nothing offensive in your original post. My apologies if I sounded offended. I definitely am not, I just don't fish derbies any more but I do like helping out the kids.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:25 PM »
No No, just wanted to clear that up I reread it after hearing from a buddy and realized it was not really that funny if you did not get the joke.  I am actually thinking about trying to get there to punch out some holes for the kids and then set-up, and probably check out the area and see who is out there and experience the whole Winterfest part of it.  I usually just get there Saturday and fish it then return Sunday and fish it then go home skunked. LOL  This year the lady is going on her Bahama cruise so I could take advantage of the whole event I guess.

Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Hey guys don't wast your money! I allready have a 25lb Laketrout  penned up in a live well out their, all I have to do is go retrieve him and bring him to the weigh station this weekend, good luck. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never Give Up!

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Hey guys don't wast your money! I allready have a 25lb Laketrout  penned up in a live well out their, all I have to do is go retrieve him and bring him to the weigh station this weekend, good luck. ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know you're screwed now if you catch a 25 lber this weekend,right?  ;D

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2009, 01:15 AM »

i dont know about a 25lber but im sure someone have a big one ready to go  ???

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:08 AM »
They are doing a "Shack Sack" this year to make sure all fish are not precaught.  They are heading out all day and night Friday and inspecting the safety of shacks ( legal form of looking around for your stored fish) and will be marking all fish that is on the ice until the derby is over.  Tough break for the time cheaters -
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:12 AM »
why couldnt it be living in a tank at someones house right now, and bring it on the ice for the derby. When there is money involved people will do some stupid sh!t
,we call them junk fish!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:19 AM »
The biologists will be determining the color differential of the fish since living in a tank, and living in sebago shed different colors.   Color change is almost instantaneous when a fish is taken from it's natural element. 

LOL - I wish it were that easy
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Glad to hear there is no way around it.

I will be there for the first time this weekend. any tips on what to use when jigging would be great, I am not a high lander. just never done it before.
,we call them junk fish!

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:32 AM »
They are doing a "Shack Sack" this year to make sure all fish are not precaught.  They are heading out all day and night Friday and inspecting the safety of shacks ( legal form of looking around for your stored fish) and will be marking all fish that is on the ice until the derby is over.  Tough break for the time cheaters -

Yea,right,How are they gonna get into the shacks if the people are'nt there and the shack is locked.Any big fish pre-caught would be swimming around on a stringer in the shacks race hole.  ::)

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:37 AM »
i'll leave mine unlocked, beats having the door ripped off. :-\

and if i'm living in my shack can they search it with out PC? ;D

no PC no entry 8)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:44 AM »
Wow! I didn't think it was that believable, especially coming from a city kid who would get lost out there is I didn't have a radio thie weekend. LOL

So sensitive ahhahahahaha :roflmao:
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Good thing my livewell is in the lake and not near a shack. Only me and my Dog Tobey know where it is and he's not talking. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never Give Up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.