Author Topic: Coleman Focus 5 Heater / Part Needed  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
Coleman Focus 5 Heater / Part Needed
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 09:21 PM »
I have used my old focus 5 heater for 15 yrs. Yesterday on the way out from Catawba fishin, my heaters screen burner fell off. It's been pretty fragile the last couple of years. If anyone has an old one around thats still got a good screen, I would be willing to purchase it from ya. Or, If anyone knows of a parts dealer someplace, let me know.Really hate to resort to my buddy heater. Thanks all, Mike

Offline InSearchOfPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Coleman Focus 5 Heater / Part Needed
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 11:07 PM »
While fishing a tourney a few weeks ago, a friend of mine was using a focus 5 heater.  This unit was in good condition and had been working good.  the tourney officials stopped by to check on how he was doing.  While two officials walked up to his shack, the heater started hising and ignated into a giant fireball inside of his Clam scout.  His coat and bibs were on fire and luckily the officials happened to be feet from the shack to get him out and put the flames out.  Moral of the story, there IS A REASON THESE THINGS WERE RECALLED AND ARENT MADE ANYMORE!  This angler is lucky to of not suffered serious burns.  Just to give you an idea of how bad the fireball was, all 6 rods in the shack had the line melted off of them and the shack tent was also partially burnt.

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Coleman Focus 5 Heater / Part Needed
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Yes, Thanks for the heads up. Hope your friend is alright. I've heard of a few horror stories from these heaters. I had a friend that heard the hissing noise and his caught fire also. He contacted coleman and they said he had a seal bad, causing a minor  gas leak. Hope nothing like that happens here. Thanks for the advice/. Might just have to go to the buddy heater just to be safe, just loved the narrow size though.  Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.