Author Topic: Frabill Ranger XLT question  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Frabill Ranger XLT question
« on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:42 PM »
I am looking at buying a used Frabill Ranger XLT from a guy locally here. I haven't seen it yet, but he said that it has the bench seat. I was really looking for the "boat seat" style seats that I believe are new to this year's model line for Frabill. Does anybody know if I can buy the new style seats from Frabill and convert this Ranger to the new seats? Also, I don't see it in thier product line on the Frabill website, so it must not be a current model. Does anyone know what current model it would be compareable to?

Thanks,
Dave

Offline magnusthebigbrownlab

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frabill Ranger XLT question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:29 PM »
I can't tell you much about the ranger, but I can tell you that I wouldn't be too afraid of a bench seat.  I've got a bench in my Otter, and I like it.  I was skeptical at first, having switched from actual seats in a fishtrap, but I'm quite pleased with the result.
Be professional.  Be polite.  But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Offline fish4kitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frabill Trekker 2
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 11:16 PM »
As far as buying the seats you can right from frabill. I have the new 2 seater called the Trekker. Absolutely love this model. M.C. sports carries them. On sale right now for otd 340 bucks. Don't know a thing about the ranger xlt. HTH.
Having a crappie day and loving it!

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009, 11:34 PM »
I'm with magnus, I have a Guide with the bench seat and I really like like it.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline toy4runner4x4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Ive got an xlt with the bench seat and a fish trap pro with a boat seat. The boat seat is a little more comfortable but I really like the bench seat because it gives you a place to set stuff close so you can reach it. If its to hard for you to sit on buy a cushion.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2009, 10:50 AM »
I have a Frabill XLT that I have been using for about four years and it came with two very comfortable swivel seats. I guess I have never seen a Frabill XLT with bench seats around here.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hunterhill5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2009, 03:00 PM »
I have a Ranger and I have the 2 swivel seats and mine is 3 years old so yours might be the same but with a bench.  But you can order the seat rail and seats from frable because I ordered a second seat rail so I could move my seats back to the inside so I could keep my feet out of the water and slush on warm days good luck
Love fish'in on a ice cube

Offline Big Smith

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a Crappie Ice Hole!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:16 PM »
I bought a Ranger XLT from Gander Mt. in Wausau, WI about 4 years ago. Mine has 2 seats that the backs fold down and clip on the front of the sled. The upright piece in the base sets in a slot. You'd need the slot in the sled bottom. However, you could probably rig that with some angled aluminum. I like mine and 2 big guys can fish in it comfortably. It is a little hefy for a long pull.
My advice, try the bench. If you don't like it, you could build your own seat or call the factory in Jackson, WI. Enjoy! :tipup: 
Stay on top!

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:22 PM »
I have the bench in my trap, and I picked up a "Sit-Backer" canoe seat at BassPro, for 40 bucks.  Super comfy and works like a charm...Also is great in the canoe in the summer.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.