Author Topic: zip lures?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
zip lures?
« on: Feb 16, 2004, 07:50 PM »
has anybody tried these?  if so, any luck on em?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline Jigmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you ain't jigging you ain't fishin'
Re: zip lures?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2004, 06:30 PM »
I've got one but I just can't seem to stop using the Cicida, much more action. To answer your question no I have not caught any fish but I also haven't given it a fair chance either.

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:21 PM »
what is a cicida?  how do you say that? like sissy duh?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:56 AM »
PLEASE SOMEONE THROW SOME INFO OUT ON THIS TOPIC
I have cicadas a few different colors and the only fish I got was a pike I snagged by chance. I have seen several shows on T.V. that show guys killing walleyes with Zip lures and Cicadas[wisc. woods and water being one] But I can't seem to have any luck.          Info Info Info            Scott
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:04 AM »
hardwaterwizard. I have used cicadas a number of times and have caught fish. I have also been outfished by others that were using them and I wasn't. I think more than most lures, the cicadas and zips are a confidence lure. I find them similar to jigging rapalas in that respect.
Pete Lewis

GEEMAN

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:46 AM »
I've used both before but hav'nt really torn it up catching fish with them. Like Doc says others have outfished me as well with them in the past. Must be a confidence thing.
I do like to use them ( jigging them agressively )when I'm not marking many fish. They do make a good fish call of sorts. LOL I've had better luck using small rattle traps.

Offline Ottawa_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:55 AM »
I agree with GEEMAN - ZIP lures make a good fiish call. I used them for
perch and walleyes, and it looks to me they are as good as any blade
lures.

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2004, 08:04 AM »
what is a cicida?  how do you say that? like sissy duh?
Si-KAY-duh or Si-CAH-duh either way is correct and the correct spelling is cicada. It's one of those big green buzzing insects.
FTD

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2004, 09:24 AM »
I used to make them but never caught anything on them and couldnt sell them either

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2004, 05:17 PM »
cicada's area  a real good blade lure u dont actually jig them u simply slighty twitch (whatever its called so that it just kinda buzzes in place )them and the fish wilkl hit when u r doing this they ussually will not hit them  when its sitting still
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Mudbug

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:04 PM »
i bought 2 zip lures. one i gave to a friend cause his nickname's zip. the other i placed in my lure collection cause in about a thousand years or so it may be a very valuable collectors item.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.