Author Topic: strikemaster auger problems  (Read 1315 times)

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
strikemaster auger problems
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 07:09 AM »
need a little help- I have a strkemaster mag 2000. Yesterday while fishing I pulled the recoil and the rope would not go back in. I was done for the day couldn't drill holes went home to see if I could repair it. took it apart and the coiled spring inside the cover came right out could not get it rewound and back together. What I'm looking for is some advise. What to do. do I try to get ahold of strike master and replace the whole recoil, do I take it to a local repair shop and see what they can do or is there a way to rewind that spring and get it back together any help is appreciated

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
Re: strikemaster auger problems
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:23 AM »
you can rewind the spring but it is a complete pain in the a##. if i were you i would just contact strikemaster for a new one. you could even go to your local shop, they will be able to help you out. its not too long of a job and they might pound it out.i have the same exact auger and never had an issue yet.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:37 AM »
Brand new recoil repair kit from strikemaster  $12.50
http://strikemaster.com/store/powerauger/recoil_repair.html
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:26 AM »
since I posted I contacted strkemaster ordered the replace recoil and there shipping it today. They were very helpful thanks for the help on IS

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:38 AM »
your welcome snelly. if you get any more problems let me know, i have the same auger.
                                                                                                         mike
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Snelly, I have a strikemaster auger also, runs like a champ everytime. I purchased a lazer hand auger this year as a backup. Most of my fishing spots are a 30 minute drive or more and I don't get out enough to get there and turn around and come home. Just a thought for you so you don't have to end a trip early. Good fihin' buddy!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2009, 10:14 AM »
Snelly, I have a strikemaster auger also, runs like a champ everytime. I purchased a lazer hand auger this year as a backup. Most of my fishing spots are a 30 minute drive or more and I don't get out enough to get there and turn around and come home. Just a thought for you so you don't have to end a trip early. Good fihin' buddy!
I live about ten minutes from the lake I was fishing. And we're driving on the lake (enough ice here) right to my spot, so it's not a long trip but a back up hand auger is a good idea. thanks Madpuupy My auger is over ten years old, up until yesterday I never had a problem with it. So I never really thought about replacing it. Maybe I should think about a new gas auger too.

Offline canthookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:18 AM »
I have the same Auger, while I think the quality of it sucks and some of the issues I've had with it were dumb, too aggressive blades from the factory, ignition switch is wired backwards, etc....

Their customer service is GREAT, they've rectified all the issues I've had. So I may have a junk auger from them, but they stand behind their junk.  ;D
cant hook it! have to be honest!! looking for used underwater camera & older snowmobile in the MA area.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2009, 03:05 PM »
I wish I had a lake as close as you Snelly and to be able to drive right out to you're holes would be awesome, I'm not a big fan of walking! I'm glad to hear you got 10+ years outta you're auger, I know there's guys on here that talk about augers 20-25 years old so I would'nt give up on the old girl yet.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2009, 06:32 PM »
The problem i had her in pittsburgh was noone had replacement blades cabelas sent theres to MAine
GAnder dint have them th local places will order them but i got lucky at a little bait shop he had 2 sets of them cheaper than strikemaster sold them for

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.