Author Topic: Pleasant Lake-Deerfield  (Read 9487 times)

Offline nhicefshr

• IceShanty Rookie
Pleasant Lake-Deerfield
« on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Anyone have some general updates from Pleasant Lake in Deerfield.  Is the boat launch area parking lot plowed for access?

Thanks

Offline nhicefshr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pleasant Lake-Deerfield
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:12 PM »
The parking lot is typically plowed.  I don't know the ice conditions, but people have been fishing for rainbows out there for a while.  I hope this helps.

Sure does, thanks.

Offline PLEASANT POND PRAIRIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 04:57 PM »
I just got in from fishing pleasant lake, and i have never seen the fishing better, the ice is over 12" thick and 12" of snow on top of that. If you go, fish as far from the ramp as you can, I don't know why everyone fishes there!
A jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other

Offline nhicefshr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I just got in from fishing pleasant lake, and i have never seen the fishing better, the ice is over 12" thick and 12" of snow on top of that. If you go, fish as far from the ramp as you can, I don't know why everyone fishes there!

Thanks for the reply.  Since you mention getting as far away from the ramp as possible, A.) is there other access points, or B). are folks driving their vehicles on the lake (that is if it's legal here).

Thanks again.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009, 06:03 PM »
 You can drive on the lake, but the snow is deep, plenty of ice it is 13 degrees out as i type, it's getting thick.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Since you mention getting as far away from the ramp as possible, A.) is there other access points, or B). are folks driving their vehicles on the lake (that is if it's legal here).

Thanks again.

I also live by Pleasant, the reason he says this is because typically everyone and there brother crowds the ramp area (most likely because its close to the parking lot) but there are fish through-out the lake.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Fishing at the ramp is a good spot if you don't want to go far and the parking is good, your right. I live down the other end of the lake.

bdragon

« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:34 PM »
 Any more reports for Pleasant lake. I live four miles away and have never fished it. I was actually surprised when I found out the State F&G was stocking it with trout back a few years ago. I alway's thought it was a smallmouth body of water, guess I was wrong.
  I quess the old rumor is true the fishing is always better at somebody elses place!. Looks like I'm going to have a long walk, I was going to try over by the point near the cove at the east side of the pond. Anyother spot's that might hold promise?   ???

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Whats up dragon? I went by the boat launch 2 Sats ago there were guys fishing out of shanties, I believe they said they limited out 4 guys 8 trout.They did say a full day of fishing.Full of fish that pleasant.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Fished all day today, caught Brooke's,browns,rainbows,white perch & a 20" pickerel

bdragon

« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Fished all day today, caught Brooke's,browns,rainbows,white perch & a 20" pickerel

Any bait of chose you recommend, I live in Epsom and the closest place I can think for bait Friday morning is Alton Circle, the guy in Northwood doesn't open until 3 pm. I was also recommend to used salmon egg clusters. I'm pretty open mined so I thought I'd try them. Never caught anything with salmon eggs before though.
 Planning on walking across the lake to a feeder brook near the cove. The ride to Alton should give the morning time to warm up a degree or two, wishful thinking!

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Steve in hooksett at the old steve's sportsman den sells bait in the rear of the shop.(across from rileys)485-8776

bdragon

« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2009, 05:53 AM »
 I thought he closed up shop last summer? He must like keeping bait around for his own personnel use so they sell some also. I have to admit if he's open it's appreciated, not many places doing it any more.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2009, 06:48 AM »
I got my bait at Steve's, I have been using the big ones.

bdragon

« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:15 AM »
The kayak shop on rte #4  across the street from Northwood Lake, also sell's bait but not much else. Oh he's got a couple of tipups and a little bit of gear but no eye candy. Still he's close. He opens on the weekends at 6am and during the week at 3 pm. He's keeping his bait cold so I recommend him if you needed any bait.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2009, 11:32 AM »
theres a place in raymond to barnical willys bait its right across from leisure village on rt 27

Catch A Buzz

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:45 PM »
How is the ice at Pleasant Lake ????
How about for a 4 wheeler too much snow and slush to get around????

bdragon

« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:51 PM »
 I'd think all that snow would slow you down alot. Theres alot of snow mobile trails but not like a major trail. You'd have to pick way way for sure.

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I hear you I fished Country Pond derby last week and it was a total slush out and the 4 wheeler did not like it. It was the first time I heard my cooling fan come on.
Real tough going.
Guess we will have to walk it out to the ice

bdragon

« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:39 PM »
 I haven't been able to get yet this weekend but first thing tomorrow morning I'll get it a go. We're finally getting a good window of weather. I'm not crazy about the cold, my bucket doesn't provide me much protection!

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Hope to hit the ice at around 7:00 A.M. and will be all over the Lake looking for anything we can bring up from the depths.
Have not fished Pleasant this year, but a lot of people are at the derby so it might be a nice day on the Lake with little competition.
Fish Pleasant in the summer and can do no wrong but it is the only Lake I have been skunked on in the winter.
I hope the Great weather and the lack of pressure might bring some luck.
Look me and my buddy up on the ice we will be the pair of Blue Ice Armour Twins all over the Lake, especially at the 60 foot hole towards the middle or at Danger Alley at the far end.

bdragon

« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2009, 11:42 AM »
 FishFace I'm not sure where you were but I was across the lake from the Deerfield town beach, fishing around a cluster of bouy's. I had two bows give me trouble but only one got away, the other was 16" long and full of lake grass. Funny, I was wondering if maybe there were snails in the reeds that woukd make him eat that marerial. His stomach was full of it.
 Lake is starting to get swampy and the wind was really getting the best of me, even if it was 40 degrees. I had a good time and I could use the exersize I got from trudging across the lake. Good luck today everyone.

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2009, 02:34 PM »
I did not expect the large amount of people that showed up.
We had a lot of quick hit flags only managed to get 3 perch but nothing to brag about.
End of the day we caught 12 nice shiners LOL.
We fished to the left  of the boat ramp as you walk in.
Did not see many people catching much.
Wish I had brought the 4-wheeler would have fished the Basin and Danger Alley.
We do real good in the summer but winter is a tough catch.
Probably will not hit it for a while, I like to get a lot of flags and Pleasant is always slow in the winter.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Pleasant always seems to be good during early ice then it seems to slow down as the winter drags on... :-\

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:12 AM »
indead, skunked 2 days in a row with a couple trout flags, the ice conditions are not bad it has some bigger spots of drifts and slush here and there but for the most part its pretty good for a quad, once this rain stops and it freezes again it will be even better

Catch A Buzz

bdragon

« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:16 AM »
 I agree we need this slop to freeze back up if where going to make any trek's across the ice. I'd like to slide out Saturday morning before I'm needed to attend to my Valentines day duties.

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:05 PM »
2/22/09 4 Bows, 14-16 in.no browns.oh,excuse me.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #27 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Great video.  Nice job young fisherman.  That's what it's all about, kids and fishing.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Nice Video Salmotrutta!  ;)

Do ya still wanna hook-up this Sunday? :)

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2009, 08:39 PM »
you got it.Let's ice some trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.