The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Best day ever brook trout fishing!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Webbicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best day ever brook trout fishing!
« on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:26 PM »
So, I was all ready to go to my shack this morn when a buddy called me to go to his shack on *blank* Lake.  We were after brookies and brownies.  I said i already had bait so away I went and was gonna meet him there.  He had to get his hair cut of all things so would be late.  I got three holes set up when I looked over and had a flag, 14 in brookie.  Good start right?  So I made fun of him saying prob all we will get all day, it being a slow lake.  An hour and a half went by and I had a flag and missed then landed a 13 inch brookie.  WOW I thought limited out on brookies by 10.  Then in a few mins my buddy caught a nice one as soon as the bait was under the water, 13 in brookie.  Then about 40 mins later it started.  For about an hour we were all over the lake, in one hour span I caught 5 more brookies from 12-15, and he caught 2 more same range.  Only one could be kept, and go figure the biggest one I had 15 in, I had to throw back.  Then at about 1 I also landed an 18 in 2 1/2 lbs brown, beauti colors.  The kicker is when I got to the lake almost all my bait had died becuase unknowingly to me my dad had thought he would be nice and clean my bucket cause I left it at his place, he used bleach and apparently did not get it all out.  So during the flurry of 7 brookies in an hour and one brown, we were using worms with power bait.  Sorry to wind you all but it was my best day ever.  Left the cam at the shack so will get pics this weekend.  Left at 2 45 because I had to work, who knows how many more we would have caught.

Offline boooshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best day ever brook trout fishing!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:32 PM »
That much action! When do u wanna go ice fishin with me?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Icebound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Cool! Sounds like a great day to me........ :tipup:

Offline trout chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:11 PM »
thats awsome man   nice    i   love   when  we  have  days  like  that   thanx  4  sharin

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:01 PM »
can't wait to see that brown!WTG

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:04 PM »
i can't find *blank* lake on my map :-\ ;D

Offline Webbicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Ya its a tough one to find....i dont think delorme even knows it exists. 

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:25 PM »
 Congrats, webbice, guess you were fishing in another "era" that day. Days like that are rare, cherish it. Hope you got lots of pics to remember it by. Better keep that spot under the radar. Wishing you continued success this hardwater season! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure I know where you were.
Did you know that the pump on a stocking truck went dead when they were stocking that lake and had to release everything in the truck?

You're going to have a lot of action up there. There are very nice brown's in there. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Webbicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Your talking about where my shack is, and yes that did happen last year and we did unreallll.  For the first month last year every time i went out caught my limit.  Ya im still waiting for that big brown, I know people that have caught 5lbs + ones in the summer.  But they have been there so long you would think there has to be a 10lbs hog in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.