The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Bennetts Bait Shop in Bryant Pond Ripped Off  (Read 1320 times)

Offline wickedgoodatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bennetts Bait Shop in Bryant Pond Ripped Off
« on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:24 AM »
I cut and pasted my post from the Dags thread after a few members pm'd and asked me to start its own thread for better coverage.

Some scumbag ripped Brian @ Bennets Baits Shop in Bryant Pond off a few nights ago.

He has a camera down there, as it WAS mostly self serve, honor system.  He figures they got him for at least a thousand baits.

He woke up when he heard them and when he confronted them, they took off.  He chased them down the road in his underwear.

I don't remember specifically but he mentioned that it was two guys in I think a silver chevy 2500, newer truck.  skully knows more about it.

If anyone knows or happens to hear anything about this, the help would be appreciated. Scumbags like to brag.  PM's are fine.

Brian has been a great bait dealer for many years, open 24/7, very fair pricing and count when he is around, always helpful with a tip. 

He works for his father doing the port-o-lets during the summer months but during the winter, trapping and selling bait is his primary source of income.  This was a big hit to his business and his family, (he has a wife and a couple of young kids).

Hopefully someone out there can help bring these guys to some sort of justice.

We need guys like Brian to stay in business in our area, we don't need the two scum bags that ripped him off.

If my facts are a bit off, please post the corrections, just trying to get the word out there for help.

Thanks

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bennetts Bait Shop in Bryant Pond Ripped Off
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:33 AM »
That SUX
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Bait dealers have a hard enough time as it is. that is disgusting! >:(

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Brazen and despicable! Just curious as I am sure proper authorities were notified, would Maine Warden service be investigating this? I suspect word will get around among other bait dealers especially self serve, honor system dealers. Thats like 83 dozen bait, wonder how they plan to unload it. Very stupid, sooner or later those dirtbags will get caught. :sick: :cookoo:

Offline SALMON SLAYER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:09 PM »
that sucks hope they hangem.  :nono: >:D :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline BeautifulMamaLacy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • REEL WOMEN FISH
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Some people can be big a s s holes!! Hope he catches the guys!! :thumbsup:

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Better send out the B.P.P. on those boys......(bryant pond posse)....... :%$#!: :roflmao:

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:40 PM »
cut their fingers off................... ...nothin worst than a thief............ >:(
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline wickedgoodatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Help me find a name and we can work on all of the above!! ???

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Probably PETA.

Offline ricsess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:18 PM »
 that sucks    where is Bennett's   bait shop   might give him some business   he's in my area

Offline wickedgoodatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:35 PM »
He is on Old County Road in Bryant Pond, bout half way up or down.

When you see all the porto-pooper-huts start looking for a live bait sign and open flag in front of a white house on the other side of the road.  Can't miss it if your at all paying attention.

He keeps the bait in the basement of his house.

It used to be self serve, but I was told he would only be open when he is around and then a few set hours.  Really sucks he always kept really strong bait, all sizes, bout anything people were looking for including maggots and spikes.  I understand why he has to do that but it still sucks that a couple of a$$munches ruin it like that.  The Bennetts are good people, they didn't deserve this at all.

Offline skully

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:40 PM »
wicked good has the facts pretty well i was there sat and his dad was telling me what happen.these people dont understand what a man goes through and how much work he does for the fisherman   

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:41 PM »
ive gotten bait there a few times years past it was very convinient to be able to get bait at 4 am if you needed it i hope they catch them and use them for pike bait ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.